Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't be a tattle tell 

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
My DD is 3 and she is pretty mature for her age and is a little mother to all of her friends and especially her little sister (16 months). Lately we've been going to more and more play groups and when one of the moms tells their kid(s) not to do something and then they end up doing it again my DD tells me or their mom what they're doing. Or she just tells the kid to knock it off.

My question is, how do I handle this? Do I tell her to stop telling on her friends? No one wants to be friends of a tattle tell, right? Do I just let it play itself out? I don't want her to grow up and something, like a bully picking on her or someone touching her inappropriately, happen to her and her not want to tell me because I told her "don't tattle." What would you do or have you done in this situation? 
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I say thank you for telling me but let "Sara's" mommy take care of her. Just let me know if someone gets hurt.  

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I've always told my kids to only tell on the person if it could hurt them or someone else.  Sadly, that means my kids are often told on for stupid stuff...and they'll get in trouble when the little tattle tale brat did something even worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)