Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf am I supposed to say???

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 103 Replies
Back story...my in laws live with us, they are from russia, fil has cancer and cant work.

My kids hate them living with us. I try very hard to encourage them to be polite even when they get frustrated(mil is a crazy micro manager and my kids are pretty independent) . My two oldest 8&3 arent always nice.. they get frustrated and annoyed. Yell or ignore her. Now shes upset because she doesn't understand why they act the way they do. So right now me and the kids are taking a short trip. I dont know what to do or say. Im so sick of dealing with them. :/
But then what kind of person sends a sick man and his wife away....we'd have to pay for them in russia too gahhhh!
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Help!
michellej428
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this

i wish i had something helpful to say but i got nothing, sorry! good luck!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM
So they're there until he what....dies?

Do they have any income at all??
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Yes basically forever. And th ey get like 600/mo from something like a retirement thing

Quoting Anonymous:

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM
5 moms liked this

Sounds like you need to sit her down and set some ground rules for when interacting with the kids. You are the parent, and things should be done your way. The kids are used to the way things are, and she needs to conform to that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Maybe they could get their own apartment?

Are you resentful? I would be.

Quoting svolkov:

Yes basically forever. And th ey get like 600/mo from something like a retirement thing

Quoting Anonymous:

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Have them move out. 

SWasson
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

You need to give yourself and the kids MORE breaks. I don't know what to say to your crazy MIL, but schedule more relief sessions for them (and enjoy them yourself.)

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I live the same situation and honestly it has destroyed the relationship between my mother my children.  She nit picks everything they do and constantly has to be reminded that I am their mother.  What can you do, I just keep correcting my children to make sure they are not disrespectful and intervene when I can.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Nothing near us is cheap enough. Yes im so sick of it.my dh is gone 2/3 of every month. I have three kids who I am not as patient with as usual because I just dont habe it left. We spent our saving on fils medical bills and all of our extra money every month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe they could get their own apartment?

Are you resentful? I would be.

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)