Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad habit *added question*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
So I have a horrible habit of gnawing on the inside of my mouth. I've heard it's an anxiety thing, but I do it for multiple reasons. Worried, nervous, mad, sad, bored, etc. You'd be surprised at how hard it is to stop being that I just do it without thinking. It all started when I fell off a stool in the bathroom and accidentally bit the inside if my cheek and there was a little scar there and I just kept biting it off. That was when I was around 4 and I'm now 26. I know this isn't anything drama filled or interesting, but it's annoying, lol.

Added: What bad habit or habits do you have?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Omg meeee too! Lol I've done it as long as I can remember.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Osstie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I do that too :( its easy to stop once you realize how weird you look when you do it lol
Butterfly1108
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I know what you mean once I start I can't stop its like I have to feel like it is smooth again or the little bit of skin annoys me. Plus by the time I'm done my jaws feel sore and I get a slight headache I guess just concentrating too much on that area...weird I know but that's me :/

It is a terrible habit for me too.

Oh do you make those faces where your mouth is sort of sideways while you are attacking that area...well I was that person now I try to do it on my alone time...lol only bc it seems like alot of ladies do this and noticed their face and said to myself OMG I wonder if I look that ridiculous...lol so I try to control myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Quoting Butterfly1108:

I know what you mean once I start I can't stop its like I have to feel like it is smooth again or the little bit of skin annoys me. Plus by the time I'm done my jaws feel sore and I get a slight headache I guess just concentrating too much on that area...weird I know but that's me :/

It is a terrible habit for me too.

Oh do you make those faces where your mouth is sort of sideways while you are attacking that area...well I was that person now I try to do it on my alone time...lol only bc it seems like alot of ladies do this and noticed their face and said to myself OMG I wonder if I look that ridiculous...lol so I try to control myself.

Lol, I'm always conscious of the faces I make but I just decided not to care most of the time because that's how bad I want to get that hard to reach spot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Quoting Osstie:

I do that too :( its easy to stop once you realize how weird you look when you do it lol

Oh believe me, I've always been aware of how weird I look lol.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM

hmm i've never done that before

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Well, it's cleaner than biting your nails...

HelenaHanbasket
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I'm a nail biter and I play with my hair when I'm nervous unless it's pulled back.
jesusyangela
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM

i bite my lip... i become aware and stop for a second then its right back at it my husband thinks its cute i think its a silly habit

soy_latte
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I use to bite the side of my thumb when I was younger.

The only bad habit I have right now is dip. I'm quitting soon, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)