Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could i get my tubes tied being im only 21?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I have a little boy and another little boy on the way. Im not 100% i want to get my tubes tied but if i do end up knowing 100% i want them tied, will they do it??? Does it cost anything?? I reeeaaaalllly dont want to get pregnant again....
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahbearamommy
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

i believe they want you to either have 3 kids or be 26 or something along those lines.  why don't you consider something a little less invasive and "permanent"... what about Mirena?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Most likely you will have a hard time finding a doctor to do it at such a young age
And yes, it costs, all medical procedures cost money. How much depends on your insurance and if they cover it and how much
Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll be hard-pressed to find a doc who will do it, but it is possible.  I would suggest in the meantime getting an IUD.  ParaGard (copper IUD), is hormone-free, and is good for 10 years.  Mirena does contain hormones, and is good for 5 years.  I would suggest that route, because you are so young, and it's much MUCH easier to remove an IUD than to reverse a tubal, if you decide down the line that you would like another child.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
They might do it. Keep looking around for doctors. Are you married?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I think it's 25? Can you hold off for a while and get on a good birth control?
kitty8199
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Yes it cost. They may do it since you have two kids. They may not, but you can always demand it. It isn't a law.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
in my state you can fill out a consent form, you have to fill it Like six months prior to it happening. (you meet the rest of the criteria)

However it is up to the discretion of your doctor.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Im 26 with two kids and my doctor said no way..not until after 30 or 3 kids..whichever comes first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Where I live it is either have 3 kids or be 21.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Yes it costs money. If you have insurance they may cover part or all of it though.

Not many insurance companies or doctors will sterilize a 21 year old but it does happen.

I personally would NOT do it. I had my second when I was 20 and I was sure we were done. Thank goodness we didn't do anything permanent because we were not done. We're now 25 and SO is getting a vasectomy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)