Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking meds after giving birth??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I want to take my meds as soon as my little boy gets here. I have already made up my mind. Anyway...would it be safe to start taking them afterwards?? Im going to talk to my doc soon.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on what they're for. This would be a question for your doctor, not cafe mom.
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM

It depends, are you going to breast feed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I want to at least try but im scared about even just a little of zoloft being in my childs body. plus my dh would not want me to breastfeed if i get on meds. i know its not his choice but.still..

Quoting SageAdvice:

It depends, are you going to breast feed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM

it is, but make sure you let the hospital know that you have them.  they will take them from you, send them to the lab to confirm that it's what you say it is, then let you have them when it's your normal dose time.

I have bipolar disorder, and the same day I gave birth was the same day I started my meds back up.  I sure didn't need a heaping helping of PPD to add to my problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
ok thanks :)

Quoting Anonymous:

it is, but make sure you let the hospital know that you have them.  they will take them from you, send them to the lab to confirm that it's what you say it is, then let you have them when it's your normal dose time.

I have bipolar disorder, and the same day I gave birth was the same day I started my meds back up.  I sure didn't need a heaping helping of PPD to add to my problems.

RoryPond
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I continued taking my medication while at the hospital at my normal time, my midwife knew about my meds. I chose to formula feed because I didn't want the meds in her system
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)