Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you spot a fake post?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 56 Replies

Last night I logged on and was reading a "ask me anything" post by a woman claiming to be a fifth generation farmer from Montana. Fellow posters did a little research and found that her "husband"s picture was taken from a gay cowboy dating site and her persona was stolen from a texas gal's blog. At first I thought people were picking on the OP by questioning the validity of who she claimed to be, but after looking her up myself I saw that they were right on the money. Her whole family was fake including her. What gave it away? What clues you in to people who are posting lies or lying about who they are?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Too much free time? Idk!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I want to known too.
However, I Hate to see real people get torn apart too.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, I have no idea, some are just obviously fake. The gay cowboy made me giggle though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
4 moms liked this

How pitiful are other peoples lives that they care enough to have to research a story on CM

Who cares what's reality and what's not. It's the Internet. Take it all with a grain of salt. Answer what you can, give advice when you can, and maybe someone will see something that helps them in some way.

Some they call fake and trolls aren't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

that is funny this comes up because no one on this site can really know WHO is REAl and WHO or WHAT is fake, I myself do not or have or will not post any picture or give real info of myself unless I learned more about you and intrusted you..this site is a bit weird I encountered some NASTY moms from another group its like those date chat lines...YOU dont know whats behind the door  PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

when a title of a post says I dont care if you bash me = please come in for some drama , my post is fake and Im looking to be a troll but havent figure out how yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Cafe moms did a google image search of a picture she posted and it matched with a different location.

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

There's no fun in spoting fake ones...just go with them...much more entertaining.

Walker88
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

It seems like this would be a problem. If I had an unbelievably tragic situation and was asking advice it would be hurtful to be disbelieved.

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to known too.
However, I Hate to see real people get torn apart too.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My gut reaction. Its pretty accurate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN