Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 is more than enough!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been waiting for years to be able to get my tubes tied. Every year my obgyn says that I am too young and that I should wait (I'm 29 now btw). I changed doctors 3 times, but I was never able to find an OB who would do it for me. Finally, I have approval. I went for my pap smear today and we discussed it with a highly recommended obgyn. I told him that I have known since I was a teen that I only wanted two kids. I have two kids, my youngest is 5 years old now. I am terrified that I will become pregnant. I am VERY furtile, as are all the woman in my family. I always use two forms of birth control, but the fear is always there. 

I love my kids more than words can express, but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle more kids. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to the kids I aready have. And I never want to put into a situation where I would have to decide what to do about an unwanted pregancy.

I hope everything goes well. He said I can have it done in two weeks. So here is my confession: I am more excited to have this done than I have been for anything else in my life (besides having my babies). I can't wait! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Here, I am doing a copy/past with the same response I gave ifartglitter: 

Not sure. The nurse asked me when I want to have it done. She didn't say anthing about a minimum wait time. She said I could get it done this month, that I just need to schedule it with the lady who does the scheduling. I call the scheduling lady and she told me the Thursday 2 weeks form now would be fine. 

But thanks for mentioning that. I will call tomorrow and see if maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between the three of us. Either way, I am getting it done asap. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IFartGlitter:

How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I thought the same thing and here I am with a daycare in my home and 16 years later a 5 month old!

Things change! I had no idea how I would feel. So I have three. A 16,17 and baby. And I'm.so.happy I didn't make any decisions to stop this from happening!
KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Good luck and that's good if you're sure you're done. Hugs
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
No thanks and good luck with that. I have known many who've had ectopic pregnancies.
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Isn't it grand? :)

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I thought the same thing and here I am with a daycare in my home and 16 years later a 5 month old!

Things change! I had no idea how I would feel. So I have three. A 16,17 and baby. And I'm.so.happy I didn't make any decisions to stop this from happening!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I know they do it to make sure woman aren't making rush decisions, but it sucks for those of us who know what we want. I raised my moms six kids, so I know what it is like to have a large family. I knew from the time I was 14 that I only wanted 2 kids. I made sure to tell my husband before I married him that I only wanted two kids (but that didn't stop him and his family from trying to change my mind). I had my first child at 21 and my second at 23 and I have known that I was done ever since. 

I hope you don't have to wait too long. 

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Good luck! Glad you found someone who would do it! My ob won't do one until I've given birth twice... and am at least 30. I'm on baby number 3 (first two are adopted) and am 23, so I have a long wait ahead of me.:-P

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Yep! I could do without the mastitis right now though :/

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Isn't it grand? :)

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM

You poor thing.  I had my tubes tied at age 20 after I had my two.  My OB/GYN was a family friend that knew me since childhood though.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM

There's nothing wrong with that. I honestly think if someone knows 100% that they are done having kids, they should be able to get their tubes tied. Why should they have a certain number of kids first or be a certain age? 

I mean, what if someone doesn't want any kids at all and they want to get their tubes tied? They should be able to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I am glad that you waiting, since it sounds like the best decision for you. I know that I would never carry another baby to term. I had some complications with my last and I am not willing to risk my life for the life of a child that has not yet been born. I have two children that I need to be there for. 

I am not closing the door to more children completely. If I want more kids (say in 10 or 15 years) I could always adopt. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)