Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 is more than enough!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been waiting for years to be able to get my tubes tied. Every year my obgyn says that I am too young and that I should wait (I'm 29 now btw). I changed doctors 3 times, but I was never able to find an OB who would do it for me. Finally, I have approval. I went for my pap smear today and we discussed it with a highly recommended obgyn. I told him that I have known since I was a teen that I only wanted two kids. I have two kids, my youngest is 5 years old now. I am terrified that I will become pregnant. I am VERY furtile, as are all the woman in my family. I always use two forms of birth control, but the fear is always there. 

I love my kids more than words can express, but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle more kids. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to the kids I aready have. And I never want to put into a situation where I would have to decide what to do about an unwanted pregancy.

I hope everything goes well. He said I can have it done in two weeks. So here is my confession: I am more excited to have this done than I have been for anything else in my life (besides having my babies). I can't wait! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM

My husband & I have also decided not to have anymore children as well. We have one who just hit the teen years a few months ago. It's more likely he will be getting snipped...

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I was told no on my second child because my husband had died while I was pregnant (I had made arrangements months in advance). I made the same arrangements on my 4th and wasn't allowed because he was stillborn. It is happening this time or I am doing it myself (I am 36 and pregnant).

*all 4 c-sections

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I hate it when drs try to tell a woman what she wants!  It is not their job to decide when a woman is done having cildren. I am so glad you found a dr who actually listens to you. My dr did mine after I delivered my third and I've never had a problem with it. Recovery time is minimal. Certainly easier than a c section recovery. I was up and around within a couple of hours, requiring minimal pain meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Well, they tied mine when I was 24. It was deemed not safe for me to have more and I was done having babies anyway.

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I'm surprised they made you wait so long. It is good you know what you want and don't want. Just be aware that getting your tubes tied isn't 100%, so you should still use a second form of birth control just to be safer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Trust me I am older...do another form of birth control.You never know what circumstances will happen in the future.You may regret not having a choice anymore.

Master_Debater
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM

exactly...

Quoting IFartGlitter:

How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ColleenF30:

I was told no on my second child because my husband had died while I was pregnant (I had made arrangements months in advance). I made the same arrangements on my 4th and wasn't allowed because he was stillborn. It is happening this time or I am doing it myself (I am 36 and pregnant).

*all 4 c-sections

I'm so sorry for your loses. Getting your tubes tied while having a c-section is the best way. it's been 2 years and I'm so happy I did it. I have 4 as well.

bcoll
by Brandi on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM

There's nothing wrong with knowing that you're done and taking the necessary steps to prevent future pregnancies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I know they just don't want the woman to make a decision that she will regret, I get that. But at the same time, there are many woman who know what they want, and have always know what they want. 

I think that a lot of woman who don't want any more kids probably end up having abortions just because their birth control failed and they were not allow to have it done, when they decided they were done having babies. ---talk about a run on sentence : )

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

There's nothing wrong with that. I honestly think if someone knows 100% that they are done having kids, they should be able to get their tubes tied. Why should they have a certain number of kids first or be a certain age? 

I mean, what if someone doesn't want any kids at all and they want to get their tubes tied? They should be able to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN