Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 is more than enough!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been waiting for years to be able to get my tubes tied. Every year my obgyn says that I am too young and that I should wait (I'm 29 now btw). I changed doctors 3 times, but I was never able to find an OB who would do it for me. Finally, I have approval. I went for my pap smear today and we discussed it with a highly recommended obgyn. I told him that I have known since I was a teen that I only wanted two kids. I have two kids, my youngest is 5 years old now. I am terrified that I will become pregnant. I am VERY furtile, as are all the woman in my family. I always use two forms of birth control, but the fear is always there. 

I love my kids more than words can express, but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle more kids. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to the kids I aready have. And I never want to put into a situation where I would have to decide what to do about an unwanted pregancy.

I hope everything goes well. He said I can have it done in two weeks. So here is my confession: I am more excited to have this done than I have been for anything else in my life (besides having my babies). I can't wait! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Thanks. This pregnancy has been rough on me so far. I am petrified of losing the baby after losing my Son.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColleenF30:

I was told no on my second child because my husband had died while I was pregnant (I had made arrangements months in advance). I made the same arrangements on my 4th and wasn't allowed because he was stillborn. It is happening this time or I am doing it myself (I am 36 and pregnant).

*all 4 c-sections

I'm so sorry for your loses. Getting your tubes tied while having a c-section is the best way. it's been 2 years and I'm so happy I did it. I have 4 as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I think you should be able to get your tubes tied any time after either 2 children or 21 years old, whichever comes first. My friend just had her 3rd baby at 25 and got her tubed tied. I plan to if we ever have a 2nd child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I thought about that when I was married. But my ex would never going through that. He felt it was my problem to deal with. I know that having the tubal ligation is the best decision for me, because it means that no matter what happens in the future, I won't have an unwanted pregnancy. 

I hope your husbands procedure goes well. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband & I have also decided not to have anymore children as well. We have one who just hit the teen years a few months ago. It's more likely he will be getting snipped...

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM

That is awesome!  Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Wow. I am sorry that you lost your husband. Looking back are you glad you didn't get it done? Did you get pregnant on accident or were the later pregnancies planned (if you don't mind me asking)?

I think at 36 and 4 kids, you should have no problem. 

Quoting ColleenF30:

I was told no on my second child because my husband had died while I was pregnant (I had made arrangements months in advance). I made the same arrangements on my 4th and wasn't allowed because he was stillborn. It is happening this time or I am doing it myself (I am 36 and pregnant).

*all 4 c-sections

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Thanks for the response. I am glad you were able to get yours done and didn't have any complications. I am hoping my goes as easily as yours did. 

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I hate it when drs try to tell a woman what she wants!  It is not their job to decide when a woman is done having cildren. I am so glad you found a dr who actually listens to you. My dr did mine after I delivered my third and I've never had a problem with it. Recovery time is minimal. Certainly easier than a c section recovery. I was up and around within a couple of hours, requiring minimal pain meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Thank you very much & good luck to you to as well, Hun. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought about that when I was married. But my ex would never going through that. He felt it was my problem to deal with. I know that having the tubal ligation is the best decision for me, because it means that no matter what happens in the future, I won't have an unwanted pregnancy. 

I hope your husbands procedure goes well. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband & I have also decided not to have anymore children as well. We have one who just hit the teen years a few months ago. It's more likely he will be getting snipped...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM

That's a normal fear. Good luck momma <3 Best wishes

Quoting ColleenF30:

Thanks. This pregnancy has been rough on me so far. I am petrified of losing the baby after losing my Son.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColleenF30:

*all 4 c-sections

I'm so sorry for your loses. Getting your tubes tied while having a c-section is the best way. it's been 2 years and I'm so happy I did it. I have 4 as well.

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
WOO!
dh may get snipped soon.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Honestly I am tired of being afraid everyday. I lost my Son at 39 weeks. None of the later ones were planned (only #2 was). The Father of #3 and 4 is a deadbeat alcoholic. He hid that well for the first part of the marriage. I love my kids, but honestly life would have been less complicated if the later ones couldn't have happened. I am currently 27 weeks and spend everyday scared something may happen again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. I am sorry that you lost your husband. Looking back are you glad you didn't get it done? Did you get pregnant on accident or were the later pregnancies planned (if you don't mind me asking)?

I think at 36 and 4 kids, you should have no problem. 

Quoting ColleenF30:

*all 4 c-sections

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)