Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 is more than enough!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been waiting for years to be able to get my tubes tied. Every year my obgyn says that I am too young and that I should wait (I'm 29 now btw). I changed doctors 3 times, but I was never able to find an OB who would do it for me. Finally, I have approval. I went for my pap smear today and we discussed it with a highly recommended obgyn. I told him that I have known since I was a teen that I only wanted two kids. I have two kids, my youngest is 5 years old now. I am terrified that I will become pregnant. I am VERY furtile, as are all the woman in my family. I always use two forms of birth control, but the fear is always there. 

I love my kids more than words can express, but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle more kids. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to the kids I aready have. And I never want to put into a situation where I would have to decide what to do about an unwanted pregancy.

I hope everything goes well. He said I can have it done in two weeks. So here is my confession: I am more excited to have this done than I have been for anything else in my life (besides having my babies). I can't wait! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Thank you. I am sitting here enjoying the kicking right now actually. Movement is my reassurance really.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a normal fear. Good luck momma <3 Best wishes

Quoting ColleenF30:

Thanks. This pregnancy has been rough on me so far. I am petrified of losing the baby after losing my Son.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColleenF30:

I was told no on my second child because my husband had died while I was pregnant (I had made arrangements months in advance). I made the same arrangements on my 4th and wasn't allowed because he was stillborn. It is happening this time or I am doing it myself (I am 36 and pregnant).

*all 4 c-sections

I'm so sorry for your loses. Getting your tubes tied while having a c-section is the best way. it's been 2 years and I'm so happy I did it. I have 4 as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM

You know, that is the funny thing about my situation. I had a very difficult pregancy and delivery with my second child. My doctor (who had over 30 years of experience) advised me that having another baby could be very dangerous. I already knew at that time that I didn't want any more kids and so his comments solidified by decision. And yet, I still had a hard time finding a doctor 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, they tied mine when I was 24. It was deemed not safe for me to have more and I was done having babies anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM

That's crazy! Did you have c-sections? All of mine were born by c-section and I think it was because I was on state insurance at the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know, that is the funny thing about my situation. I had a very difficult pregancy and delivery with my second child. My doctor (who had over 30 years of experience) advised me that having another baby could be very dangerous. I already knew at that time that I didn't want any more kids and so his comments solidified by decision. And yet, I still had a hard time finding a doctor 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, they tied mine when I was 24. It was deemed not safe for me to have more and I was done having babies anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay for kicking!

Quoting ColleenF30:

Thank you. I am sitting here enjoying the kicking right now actually. Movement is my reassurance really.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a normal fear. Good luck momma <3 Best wishes

Quoting ColleenF30:

Thanks. This pregnancy has been rough on me so far. I am petrified of losing the baby after losing my Son.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColleenF30:

I was told no on my second child because my husband had died while I was pregnant (I had made arrangements months in advance). I made the same arrangements on my 4th and wasn't allowed because he was stillborn. It is happening this time or I am doing it myself (I am 36 and pregnant).

*all 4 c-sections

I'm so sorry for your loses. Getting your tubes tied while having a c-section is the best way. it's been 2 years and I'm so happy I did it. I have 4 as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM

*sigh*.........

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Me too. I pleaded my case every time I went in. I even had 3 pap's done in one year just trying to find a dr. who would do it for me : /

I was considering the back up birth control already. I was thinking that even if I used one form of bc, it wouldn't be as bad as having to use two, like I do now. I am also having an endometrial ablation, which will also reduce the risk of pregnancy. 

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I'm surprised they made you wait so long. It is good you know what you want and don't want. Just be aware that getting your tubes tied isn't 100%, so you should still use a second form of birth control just to be safer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Your right, I might. But I also take into consideration that I had a bad pregnancy with my last child. My dr. told me there were some very serious risks involved if I tried to have another baby. I don' feel like taking that risk would be fair to the children I already have. If for some crazy reason, I want a baby in the future, I would adopt. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Trust me I am older...do another form of birth control.You never know what circumstances will happen in the future.You may regret not having a choice anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Here is the copy/paste answer I have given everyone who quoted that same response. 

Not sure. The nurse asked me when I want to have it done. She didn't say anthing about a minimum wait time. She said I could get it done this month, that I just need to schedule it with the lady who does the scheduling. I call the scheduling lady and she told me the Thursday 2 weeks form now would be fine. 

But thanks for mentioning that. I will call tomorrow and see if maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between the three of us. Either way, I am getting it done asap. 

Quoting Master_Debater:

exactly...

Quoting IFartGlitter:

How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I agree, I would hate to have to decide what to do if I got pregnant. That is my biggest fear. 

Quoting bcoll:

There's nothing wrong with knowing that you're done and taking the necessary steps to prevent future pregnancies.

mrsbarefootsoul
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Good for you!!! 

I feel the exact same way you do! I can't wait to get my tubes tied! lol

Love my kids more than life itself, but I know we are at our limit also. Keep us posted on how it goes, I'm nervous! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)