Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 is more than enough!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been waiting for years to be able to get my tubes tied. Every year my obgyn says that I am too young and that I should wait (I'm 29 now btw). I changed doctors 3 times, but I was never able to find an OB who would do it for me. Finally, I have approval. I went for my pap smear today and we discussed it with a highly recommended obgyn. I told him that I have known since I was a teen that I only wanted two kids. I have two kids, my youngest is 5 years old now. I am terrified that I will become pregnant. I am VERY furtile, as are all the woman in my family. I always use two forms of birth control, but the fear is always there. 

I love my kids more than words can express, but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle more kids. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to the kids I aready have. And I never want to put into a situation where I would have to decide what to do about an unwanted pregancy.

I hope everything goes well. He said I can have it done in two weeks. So here is my confession: I am more excited to have this done than I have been for anything else in my life (besides having my babies). I can't wait! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

You may have to shop around for a dr. willing to do it, or just get your friends dr's name. I couldn't believe that it was so hard. I have literally begged and pleaded my case all over town. I subjected myself to numerous unneeded exams, on the off chance that a new dr. would let me do it. I am just so happy to know that I will be getting it done soon. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should be able to get your tubes tied any time after either 2 children or 21 years old, whichever comes first. My friend just had her 3rd baby at 25 and got her tubed tied. I plan to if we ever have a 2nd child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM

No, I had them both vaginally. My first went smoothly. With my second, my placenta tore away from my uterus. I spent 6 months on complete bedrest. But my doctor wanted to give me a chance to delivery vaginally. He thought that I could do it. He was right, she was out in 4 hours, but the pain was out of this world. I am just happy that I had an experienced doctor who was there for me every step of the way. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's crazy! Did you have c-sections? All of mine were born by c-section and I think it was because I was on state insurance at the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know, that is the funny thing about my situation. I had a very difficult pregancy and delivery with my second child. My doctor (who had over 30 years of experience) advised me that having another baby could be very dangerous. I already knew at that time that I didn't want any more kids and so his comments solidified by decision. And yet, I still had a hard time finding a doctor 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, they tied mine when I was 24. It was deemed not safe for me to have more and I was done having babies anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Not true I signed papers on a Thursday and was scheduled for the following Thursday to have it done.

Quoting IFartGlitter:

How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
My dh and I only have 1. He got his vasectomy 2 May!!! We were so relieved!!!
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
That's good to hear that you're getting it done. I hope the ablation works well for you! It really helped my mom when she did it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too. I pleaded my case every time I went in. I even had 3 pap's done in one year just trying to find a dr. who would do it for me : /

I was considering the back up birth control already. I was thinking that even if I used one form of bc, it wouldn't be as bad as having to use two, like I do now. I am also having an endometrial ablation, which will also reduce the risk of pregnancy. 

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I'm surprised they made you wait so long. It is good you know what you want and don't want. Just be aware that getting your tubes tied isn't 100%, so you should still use a second form of birth control just to be safer.

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I have 6 and my husband got a vesectomy over a year ago, so imagine my surprise when I was in the hospital about a month ago and got a positive pregnancy test! It turned out out to be another set of twins(I already have twins) but I miscarried 2 weeks ago. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM

How old are you guys? Just wondering. Also, I have never heard of a dr. giving a man a hard time about having a vasectomy. But I have heard it from plenty of woman. 

I am glad you guys are being proactive and planning the life that you want for yourselves. Good luck to your husband. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh and I only have 1. He got his vasectomy 2 May!!! We were so relieved!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM

That is crazy, to think that you would have gone from 6 to 8. I am sorry that you lost them.  Now that you know his vasectomy didn't take, what are you guys going to do? 

Quoting jjchick75:

I have 6 and my husband got a vesectomy over a year ago, so imagine my surprise when I was in the hospital about a month ago and got a positive pregnancy test! It turned out out to be another set of twins(I already have twins) but I miscarried 2 weeks ago. 

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Honestly I don't know. We are looking at the opitions and trying to figure out what to do.  

Quoting Anonymous:

That is crazy, to think that you would have gone from 6 to 8. I am sorry that you lost them.  Now that you know his vasectomy didn't take, what are you guys going to do? 

Quoting jjchick75:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Well good luck with the whole situation. 

Mabye if you weren't such a fertile Mertle : ) 

But seriously, I do hope you guys find the answer that is best for you. 

Quoting jjchick75:

Honestly I don't know. We are looking at the opitions and trying to figure out what to do.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jjchick75:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)