Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Branson MO

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
What is there to do there? We will only be spending the day and we will have our dogs so we need outdoor things to do. Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JTnJT
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if they still allow dogs, but Silver Dollar City is fun.  Also I love Dixie Stampede.  Or the Dick Clark Music Museum.  OR Titanic museum is real neat too.  Also, there at least used to be the Butterfly Palace, they're a lot of fun too.  I haven't lived there since just before the tornado hit, so not really sure what is left to do there.   Another fun one, is Branson Belle, or Ride The Ducks (my dad used to be a Captain there, if any of them are still there you want to ask for either Captain Bubba, Captain Pappy, or Captain Roger, they're the best in my opinion, and I've been on the Ducks probably 30+ times!)  I don't know if it is still open, but "Six Brothers" is real cool too, or Yakov Smirnoff gives a good show....these are all I can think of at the moment.

JTnJT
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Just a funny to go with:  I used to work at the TCBY in Branson, it was our policy to ask for an ID when someone paid with a Credit Card, just to verify the name.....so Yakov comes through the drive thru one day, hands me his CC and I asked for his ID, (You'd think that Russian accent would have clued me in.....but no...)  he hands me his ID, I look down read the name.....and it hits me.....I was so embarrassed!  After that, anytime he'd come in he would jokingly ask me if I need to see his ID.

ktwister
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
With dogs, I would go hiking. I'm not a fan of Branson.
reaandiziesmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Hmmm. There's a TON to do but with dogs I don't know really. I love the winery and riding the ducks. And shopping lol

AphrexiaX
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM
There is Table Rock Lake.
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I saw him in Wal-Mart while I was down there like 14 years ago. I totally forgot about that...lmao.

Quoting JTnJT:

Just a funny to go with:  I used to work at the TCBY in Branson, it was our policy to ask for an ID when someone paid with a Credit Card, just to verify the name.....so Yakov comes through the drive thru one day, hands me his CC and I asked for his ID, (You'd think that Russian accent would have clued me in.....but no...)  he hands me his ID, I look down read the name.....and it hits me.....I was so embarrassed!  After that, anytime he'd come in he would jokingly ask me if I need to see his ID.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)