Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel ditched, would you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you feel ditched by DH? This is assuming that you wanted to go, as I did

Options:

Yes

No

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

DH and I were invited to a party for someone at his work. As it so happens I know several people from his work including the person who the party is for, this person specifically called ME, not DH but me to ask if we could make it. At first, DH didn't really want to go but I said it would be fun and it would be nice to get out (we have a 6 year old a 3 year old and a 9 month old and we haven't been getting out much lately) so he agreed. My mom called me yesterday and told me there was a mistake with scheduling at work and as it turns out, she has to work and couldn't baby sit. There really wasn't anyone we could get to watch the kids who I trusted on such short notice. So I told DH and figured we wouldn't be going. He said "that's ok, I'll just go and hang out with (some of his friends from work's name". I thought "WHAT?????? Excuse me but who are you to decide that you are going and I am just staying at home??? If the reason we can't both go is because we don't have anyone to watch OUR children, then we should both stay at home unless one person insists that the other goes. I know it would have been nice for me to tell him to go but he has gone out with his friends probably a dozen times since our youngest was born  and I haven't gotten to go out with my friends without him or the kids since way before the youngest was born. I was really looking forward to going since, like I said, I am friends with several people who will be there and he knew I was because I was the one who wanted to go in the first place.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM

BUMP!

TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Mobile Photo

Val99
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Have you told him how you feel?

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Probably.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I wouldnt cook for a month! Wuaaahahahaha!!! (evil laugh) 

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Yeah I'd be disappointed that I couldn't go... and I would feel like it was unfair for him to get to go if I was the one that had to stay home all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Well that was insensitive of him. He probably has no clue how much moms can get cabin fever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Yeah, he said he might as well go since I would be home either way. He feels it would weird of me to go since it is a party for people at work. I guess it would be but it hurts that he didn't even think of stay home with me as an option.

Quoting Val99:

Have you told him how you feel?

RaniNY
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM
It's his work so he thinks he has a claim. Before he goes, take out the calendar and get him to choose the day when he's going to stay home with the kids while you go out with your friends. And make sure you do that on a regular basis.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)