Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanted to share our family's miracle

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 0 Replies
I know some of you probably remember the posts I had about my aunt killing her shack up boyfriend.

Well there was another aspect of that story I never told because it didn't directly relate to that but I figured I would share it now.

My aunt called my grandmother at 4am that morning to tell her she killed him. My grandmother answered and asked her if she called the police yet and when she said she hadn't my grandmother told her to hang up with her and call them and she and my grandfather would be at her house as soon as they could (they lived about 15 min away)

She wakes my pawpaw up and they drive down there and take custody of the kids. A 6 week old baby plus my two older cousins who were in middle or jr high and the cops take my aunt to jail.

So about 4pm that night my grandfather had a seizure so my grandmother called 911 and an ambulance rushed him to the hospital where they discovered he had a cerebral or subdural hematoma. Basically a blood vessel in his brain burst and because of his age and the shrapnel in his head from ww2 they didn't think surgery would help. Basically they told us to say goodbye.

They went ahead and did the surgery but again the prognosis wasn't good. But my pawpaw is a fighter and a few days later he awoke from his coma and was flirting with the nurses. He left the hospital a few days later and except for two dents in his head where his skull disintegrated when they opened him up he's good as new. This happened 19 years ago in October and he's still with us.

The doctors think he had a blow to his head to cause the bleed but we honestly think it was the shock of what happened that morning. He never hit his head, my grandmother was with him the entire day.

One thing I've always thought was awesome was the name of his surgeon. Dr megahead, I'm sure he's still a surgeon here in Houston.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)