Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies don't keep! (pic added)

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

She's officially 1 now. Here she is enjoying the cake I made her. First time ever to have cake and she loved it lol. Even got it in her hair. haha

With DD's birthday being tomorrow I can't help but wonder where the year has gone. Or sit in awe at how much she's accomplished in the last few months! I wish there was a way to just push pause, so I could hug her a little longer, play patty cake one hundred more times, shower her with kisses and love because I know all too soon, she won't let me hold her while she's sleeping, and she'll be playing with her friends instead of me. That she'll be too old for me to kiss in public, and she won't need me to hold her hand anymore.

So its with a bittersweet heart that I tucked her into bed tonight, because tomorrow she'll officially be a toddler and no longer my baby. 

Song for a Fifth Child

by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
    Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
    Sew on a button and make up a bed.
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
    (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
    Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
slvr115
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I was just thinking today, as I was rocking my 19 month old and singing, how much I'm going to miss this in a few years :(
SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Oh I'm too familiar with your fears as its my life currently. DD is 6 going on 16 and is "over" me. No more public kisses or snuggles just a quick bye and she's off. I got wise and decided to have another baby lol and he's 6 weeks old. I am treasuring every single second, even the 3am feedings because I know it only lasts so long! Wish there was a pause button!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to your precious toddler!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM

She's already gotten to be so independent at just a year old. I can't feed her, she wants to do it herself or refuses to eat. And rocking her to sleep is something that happens so rarely I can't remember the last time I actually got to do so when she wasn't sick. :(

Quoting slvr115:

I was just thinking today, as I was rocking my 19 month old and singing, how much I'm going to miss this in a few years :(

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Thank you! We know she won't be our last. She's just the only baby for now. Maybe in a few years we'll be welcoming a baby brother in like we hope. :) Oldest will be 5 at the end of the month and she's definitely still a momma's girl. She's just not little anymore so lap cuddles turned into curling up on the couch beside each other. :)

Quoting SadiasMomma:

Oh I'm too familiar with your fears as its my life currently. DD is 6 going on 16 and is "over" me. No more public kisses or snuggles just a quick bye and she's off. I got wise and decided to have another baby lol and he's 6 weeks old. I am treasuring every single second, even the 3am feedings because I know it only lasts so long! Wish there was a pause button!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to your precious toddler!

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)