Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any ideas?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

My husband is 34 and since January he has been passing out. It has been progressivly happening more often. Here is his back round he has been diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension (his blood pressure drops when he moves from sitting or standing) which can cause fainting but when it happens while he is sitting and has been sitting for over an hour?  He was hospitalized with an abcess tooth in Dec 2012 for 4 days. He has also been showing some cognitive decline and personality changes. He had an EEG in May and no abnormal brain activity was detected. He has been approved for an MRI with and without contrast but the appointment has yet to be set. I have no idea what it could be and google is no help. There are two reasons I am asking 1 I am worried I could lose my husband and my kids their dad even though most of the time he is no longer the man I married and 2 I graduate from the LPN program in a month and 2 days (Sorry I am kinda proud of my self and am counting down), but I am suppose to be going back to finish my RN in the fall and am unsure if I should. As it is I have a babysitter while I am finishing this up because I am scared to leave my kids with him.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ewild
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I also check his vitals at least daily and whenever he passes out when I am home they are always within normal limits. I just don't know and am worried and at a total loss.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Has he been calling and bugging the hospital/his doctor about the MRI that has yet to be set? 

ewild
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM

yes the insurance company just sent the approval over friday of last week and god knows you can't expect anyone to work in a week that there is a holiday. I am kinda a nag I call the dr office 3 times a week for the last 2 weeks to try to get the approval and the appointment I will call again on friday. Not sure if being a pain in the butt will help but it gives me something to do other than clean and study and I can bug them while chasing kids.

ewild
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM

bump

ewild
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM

got a call from the dr office his MRI is scheduled for july 12th so hopefully we will have awnsers soon

ewild
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM

any ideas?

ewild
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)