Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I vent? No bashing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

I'm having such a rough night.  Dealing with chronic pain  issues that just keep getting worse.  Nobody seems to know what is really wrong.  All I know is I'm in so much pain that I have thoughts of ending it all.  The only reason I don't if because of my family and how much they would miss me.  But then I have to think, I'm in so much pain that my quality of life is so shitty, I'm not as good of a mom as I could be....wouldn't they be better off?  I hate this, I hate feeling like this and thinking like this, but I don't know how much longer I can do it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I'm so sorry, I know pain can and is horrific for so many. Are you on any pain relief meds?

Also try taking big doses of Vitamin D it helps with pain so much and I know it sounds crazy but try to exercise it too will help with pain. And if you smoke STOP, it makes pain crazy worse.

latopmom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Pray..talk to someone...let your so/ partner know the exact depth of your feelings.

I hope you feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Thank you! I take VitD already, I live in the PNW and know I need it...lol! I take Vicodin when the pain gets too unbearable, but not as much as I should because it makes me really sick. Mostly Ibuprophen and ice packs.

Quoting SageAdvice:

I'm so sorry, I know pain can and is horrific for so many. Are you on any pain relief meds?

Also try taking big doses of Vitamin D it helps with pain so much and I know it sounds crazy but try to exercise it too will help with pain. And if you smoke STOP, it makes pain crazy worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Thank you.  My dh is actually getting very frustrated with all of this as well.  We've always had a wonderful relationship, but this has caused so many issues. I try to talk with him, but he's the type that just buries everything, one reason I'm having such a hard time.

Quoting latopmom:

Pray..talk to someone...let your so/ partner know the exact depth of your feelings.

I hope you feel better.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Could it be lupus?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I don't think so, I only have a couple of the  "symptoms" of lupus.  My pain is centralized around my shoulder and neck, I don't have pain anywhere else. 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Could it be lupus?

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM

As per your title: Yes you can vent. You probably will be bashed.

As per your post: I am so sorry you feel this way. I do not know at all what it is like to have chronic pain, but I do know what it is like to have a spouse with chronic pain and what I can say is: even with the pain, and the bad days my life would be so incredibly incomplete with out him. Your family feels the same way about you.

I hope you can get in to talk to someone (a therapist, pastor, whoever) who can help you get through these feelings. Good luck to you and I hope you are able to find a suitable pain management solution. *hugs*

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Did they do an MRI? What kind of pain is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think so, I only have a couple of the  "symptoms" of lupus.  My pain is centralized around my shoulder and neck, I don't have pain anywhere else. 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Could it be lupus?

pianomom21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Honey, do some research on Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. It is the mother of all mfrs of pain disorders. I've had it for a while now, but I have yet to accept that this is my life now. You sound as though you have similar issues. With RSD, you could have had an injury so minor that you don't remember it, but that little bump or bruise is all it took to develop this disorder. Check it out. I'm here to talk if you need someone to listen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I've had two MRI's.  One for my cervical spine, one for my shoulder.  The one for my spine showed a huge herniated disc which I had surgery for, but it didn't help the pain at all.  The one for my shoulder showed nothing, but the surgeon wanted to operate anyway to take out scar tissue so I had surgery on my shoulder in May.  Neither one worked, I still have the original pain and now more pain because I think something went wrong during the shoulder surgery.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Did they do an MRI? What kind of pain is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Could it be lupus?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN