Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!Am I the only one who forget to bathe their kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
In the summer. They are 6,7 and 10 and hate taking baths at this stage. Especially my 6 year old. They swim alot so it's cool

Holy shit this post got a lot more comments then I expected. Your kids will live if they miss a day or two in the bath. They don't stink. They rinse off in the outdoor shower after they swim. Calm down crazies!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Replies (401-410):
jessifromdenver
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I agree. I don't bathe my kids every day. It's unnecessary and can dry out their skin. Especially if you are using soap on their whole bodies every time you bathe them. I hope your kids will enjoy their futures of extreme acne, sun damage, and wrinkles if you're sudsing them up from head to toe every day.
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

If he swims, I have to wash his hair as it will turn green, but otherwise, I tell him he has to bathe at least every other day.  And yes, sometimes I forget!  It's normal not to be practically perfect in every way!  LOL  

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

EWWW! I can't believe some of these posters that are so laid back about something as important as hygeine. Now skin conditions and stuff I understand, but not showering after being in a public/private pool, or lake is just gross!

I grew up having a shower every single night.For me it's just part of my routine. I turned out fine. My DS also showers daily. He loves his showers and likes feeling clean!

Granted though.. We live in Texas and it can get into the 100's in the summer.. so inside or not.. we get showers.. Even I don't want to go to bed feeling all nasty and sweaty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 73 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I think it depends on the kid. My kid just gets really rashy and is allergic to frangrances and dyes in soaps. But if she fell in a mud pit and it wasn't her bath day, I guess I'd give her a bath lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

this.  my children used to get horrible skin conditions, once we went no poo and stopped bathing them daily everything cleared up.  i dont think most people even realize that over bathing your children can actually be quite harmful.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid gets exzema and rashes. Not supposed to bathe her more than once a week.

ChristyG2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I don't bathe my one year old everyday. Every few days maybe, when she needs it. She doesn't get filthy often & I wipe her down with baby wipes multiple times a day for "spot checking".
ABeautifulQadar
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM
This.
If he has been home all day he doesn't need a bath but if we are out or he went to school he gets one. In the winter I tell him to only use soap on his privates sometimes so his skin doesn't get dry.
My 2 month old gets a bath every few days.

Quoting micheledo:

I don't forget, but they don't bathe unless they need it.

This week has been super cool, and they only had a bathe the day they played in the rain puddles.  :)

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I dont "forget" but I also don't make him bathe everyday. if we are just sitting around playing inside, not getting dirty he doesn't "have" to take a bath. But if he's been out playing or swimming than taking a bath is a must.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I didnt ask for opinions... I just asked if I was the only one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, it is good to expose children to certain germs. However, practicing good hygiene also excercises the immune system. If the kids are in the house all day, fine dont bathe. But if they have been playing outside all day & sweating, not bathing can cause infections in their private areas and in other places.

Why make a post asking for opinions if your mind is already set? Just saying...

Quoting Anonymous:

My doctor is old fashioned and isn't a germaphobe. I would prefer to let their immune system get stronger with exposure.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter bathes...every day. I am a pre-med student & became a germaphobe from all the discussions from class. It is very important to practice good hygiene. Not teaching you how to parent, but these are life lessons children should know about.

In addition, swimming should not substitute a bath. Pools contain chlorine. It is important to bathe to lift all these toxins from the skin.

Quoting Anonymous:

In the summer. They are 6,7 and 10 and hate taking baths at this stage. Especially my 6 year old. They swim alot so it's cool

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
People seriously freaked out over this! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Not that it's a substitute but people realize that chlorine in the pool is a cleaner right? Calm down mamas! She was making a joke!

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM

no i dont forget.  they bath/shower every night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)