Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!Am I the only one who forget to bathe their kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
In the summer. They are 6,7 and 10 and hate taking baths at this stage. Especially my 6 year old. They swim alot so it's cool

Holy shit this post got a lot more comments then I expected. Your kids will live if they miss a day or two in the bath. They don't stink. They rinse off in the outdoor shower after they swim. Calm down crazies!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Um, no. My DS plays HARD and literally stinks and is sweaty almost everyday.

tammy924
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I never forget. My 4 girls get a bath every day and some days they get more then one bath.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I forget sometimes but then they get one the next day
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Chlorine?  Aren't most pools now salt water systems?   Mine is.  I don't know anyone who has a chlorine pool anymore. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess I can see that.

Are they all boys with short hair ?

I have 4 girls & 1 boy. Pool chlorine is really bad on my girls hair and their hair tangles so bad when it gets wet I usually bathe them for that reason alone. I'll wash their hair after the pool & use lots of conditioner.

My ds was different, I never worried aoout him, but he was a fish, he'd play in the bath all the time so I figured he was getting clean some way even if I wasn't invoved with it.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM

bathing is a daily thing in our home.

ohyouknow
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I will admit from time to time I'll say, "Crap. You need a bath tonight!" and I don't just NOT give her one. I usually evaluate her cleanliness in my head when I start thinking about preparing for the next day (thinking about what weather is going to be like, what clothes she should wear or would be appropriate for the weather, what they are doing that day, should I have extra clothes available in case she gets dirty/messy...... does she need a bath tonight?) My brain never stops.

AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
This. DS swims daily and always takes a shower when he comes back in. He has excema so it's especially important.

Forget to bathe then.....crazy talk.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Ewww, swimming is nowhere close to a bath. In fact if they are swimming they should be bathing daily. That is disgusting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rory10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

DD is 2 and the only times I forget is because my to do list took longer than I thought or her nap ran a bit late

choaspartyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
No I have never forgotten, but my kids take a bath or shower every single night so it's their routine. I'd never send them to bed in the summer with no bath.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM
No, how do you forget? They need one regardless if they were swimming or not. My parents had a pool and I remember needing one more after I swam.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)