Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!Am I the only one who forget to bathe their kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
In the summer. They are 6,7 and 10 and hate taking baths at this stage. Especially my 6 year old. They swim alot so it's cool

Holy shit this post got a lot more comments then I expected. Your kids will live if they miss a day or two in the bath. They don't stink. They rinse off in the outdoor shower after they swim. Calm down crazies!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Never. The only time my kids do not have a bath at night is if they're either sick; we've gone out to dinner; or I actively decide "Oh hey - it's a weekend tomorrow - you know what? let's have a lazy night tonight and you can have a nice long bath tomorrow morning". But I never actually forget to bathe them. The longest one of my kids have gone without a bath would be about 5 days and that was because she was in hospital for the entire 5 days and the room we were in had no bath only a shower and they didn't actually want her to shower. My kids have never gotten the 'choice' to shower or not -and especially never after being in a chlorinated pool

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
4 moms liked this
My kids don't bathe daily unless there is a specific need.

They have excema that does much better when they don't shower daily and my pediatrician was the one to recommend NOT bathing them daily.

They do not smell and when they shower depends in their activities, etc...

Once we hit an age where they do have an odor, they will shower more often/daily.
mommyto3121405
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this

they bathe/shower every other day usually

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Yep, it's fine in my book.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow I'm surprised how many do NOT skip baths occasionally. We usually do it every other day, and sometimes even skip one of those here and there. We just rinse off after a trip to the beach or pool...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Usually they get one everyday, but I have gone a day without bathing them. When we go swimming we shower as soon as we get home. Get the pool stuff out of our hair and sunscreen off.
Theoddone
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I do. My kids stay home all day we don't go anywhere or see anyone and they don't have school so. Oh well.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Well unless extremely dirty we don't bathe the kids every day.  It is so bad for their skin.  So no don't forget but don't do it everyday either.

HeatherGandJ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not forgotten, but there are times that they get only one bath a week due to the recommendation of the dermatologist.  She even went so far as to say my youngest should only bathe once a month (!), but I have never pushed it past a week with sponge baths every other day.  Now that they are 10 and 6, I make sure my 10 year old showers either daily or every other day, and my younger one every 1-3 days.  We invest in good lotion, and take time to ensure proper skin care, even with the higher than"recommended" bathing.  I just could not go so long...especially in the summertime (which the kids shower almost every night as we swim, play outside, and havebackyard campfires often, and you need a bath after those activiites.)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't forget, but they don't bathe everyday anyways. I'm not crazy about them having one everyday.they bathe as needed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)