Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!Am I the only one who forget to bathe their kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
In the summer. They are 6,7 and 10 and hate taking baths at this stage. Especially my 6 year old. They swim alot so it's cool

Holy shit this post got a lot more comments then I expected. Your kids will live if they miss a day or two in the bath. They don't stink. They rinse off in the outdoor shower after they swim. Calm down crazies!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

My kids don't bathe daily unless there is a specific need.

They have excema that does much better when they don't shower daily and my pediatrician was the one to recommend NOT bathing them daily.

They do not smell and when they shower depends in their activities, etc...

Once we hit an age where they do have an odor, they will shower more often/daily.

Mine too. My 15 year old showers daily, obviously, but my younger two are usually 2-3 times per week. My Dr. said to have them shower, not bathe, and to use just water most of the time on their skin. I do have them use cetaphil cleanser though most of the time, it is very gentle and non irritating. Their skin has improved so much with this routine and no they do not smell or look greasy, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Exactly! The fact that it is easier for me is a nice side bonus - but far from the reason for the practice! :)

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids don't bathe daily unless there is a specific need.

They have excema that does much better when they don't shower daily and my pediatrician was the one to recommend NOT bathing them daily.

They do not smell and when they shower depends in their activities, etc...

Once we hit an age where they do have an odor, they will shower more often/daily.

Mine too. My 15 year old showers daily, obviously, but my younger two are usually 2-3 times per week. My Dr. said to have them shower, not bathe, and to use just water most of the time on their skin. I do have them use cetaphil cleanser though most of the time, it is very gentle and non irritating. Their skin has improved so much with this routine and no they do not smell or look greasy, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Why would I forget? We have routines and things to do in the day...Purposely skip here and there...YES. But I don't forget 

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I especially make sure DD gets her bath in the summer because she sweats, gets dirty and has chlorine on her from swimming. Usually she gets one every other day, but in the summer she often gets one daily.

MeSegotia
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Yeah I forget!!! My kids have there own pool at home and swim all the tim as well.. I know its not a good substuite but there are just some nights momma is wiped and I totally space it out!!

garnet83
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Shame on you

thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Yeah, if they are swimming, that is dirty water. They need a shower. DS gets a shower every few days or before that if he really needs one.

1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Yuck! They're going to be the smelly kids in high school no one wants to sit next to. Better start some better habits now.
Chrissywissy
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM

During the summer my kids shower every night before bed, ugh they smell like dirty dog.

Goodbye.BlueSky
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Yes. You are the only one.

Going swimming does not constitute a bath or being clean. Unless they get some soap and wash their cracks in the pool, they still need a bath. Besides that, the chlorine water is no good for skin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)