Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Frickin vaccine! Did your kids have a reaction like this from the mmr?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 277 Replies
My ds received 5 shots on the 26th, one of which was the MMR. I contemplated delaying that vaccine because my dd had a reaction to it years before but I went against my intuition and had them go ahead and give it to him. Stupid me! About 5 days after I noticed a rash on his trunk and back but he was acting completely normal. I know a mild rash can be normal so I wasn't really worried. Then three days ago he started having issues sleeping. He hasn't slept for more than 20 mins at a time and wakes up screaming. Nothing I do soothes him. Ive had two hours total of sleep since sunday. He's running a low grade fever, has a slight cough, and runny nose as well. I'm praying this passes soon because I hate seeing him miserable like this and I'm not sure how much more I can take. I don't know what to do for the lil guy. :( Have any of you had a similar reaction? How long did it last? Please tell me the worst is over!

For those who keep asking why I think it's the vaccine and not just a cold or virus. In the info packet they gave me it said it takes 7-12 days for symptoms to occur. Also, his symptoms match the ones mentioned. He isn't really congested or anything. He's had colds and an ear infection before but he wasn't like this. My main concern is that he can't rest because he appears to be in pain. This is a link I found about mild reaction symptoms....
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/mmr-side-effects.aspx
Sorry if its not clicky.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:53 AM
How old? i forget. Hiw old they are when they recieve it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Why don't you just take him to the dr?

Luna091306
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
12 months

Quoting Anonymous:

How old? i forget. Hiw old they are when they recieve it
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
No, neither of my children have had any sort of reaction from any of the vaccines they've received.
arielsmomma1020
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
thats why we have delayed. mine is almost four and hasnt had any in over 2 years
Luna091306
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
It says in the lil info packet that normal side effects are mild rash, low grade fever, and general ill feeling so I assumed that's what's going on. If he isn't any better today I will. I'm thinking about calling this morning anyways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you just take him to the dr?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM
4 moms liked this

This is why we do delayed vac's and why we never do more than 2 at a time...5 is way too many in my opinion to be pumping into their little bodies.

mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM

No...all 4 of my kids never had reactions to vaccinations.

ambermario4ever
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't vax. So no. 

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Bump, my daughter is 14 months and we delayed that one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)