Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confederate Flags during the 4th of July

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 178 Replies

And then there are people who say "it means something different now." If I hang a noose from the tree in my front yard, and say 'it means something different now' is that acceptable? If I set up my backyard to imitate a concentration camp, and declare it a nod to my german ancestors, is that okay?

Just curious.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM
5 moms liked this
If you don't like it don't look. I love that flag and cried the day my state bent to the whiners and changed it. In the South it means pride in where you're from, nothing more. Its not our fault racists have taken it for a different purpose. A rebel flag in a yard in Ohio means something completely different than it does in a southern state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM
4 moms liked this
Spare me. I hate to see all sorts of fucking flags flown from other countries here but you get the fuck over it. Would rather see that then a Mexican, Puerto Rican flag etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Quoting bluesky51201:

If you don't like it don't look. I love that flag and cried the day my state bent to the whiners and changed it. In the South it means pride in where you're from, nothing more. Its not our fault racists have taken it for a different purpose. A rebel flag in a yard in Ohio means something completely different than it does in a southern state.

So you would be fine with your neighbor flying a nazi flag in their front yard as an expression of pride?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Spare me. I hate to see all sorts of fucking flags flown from other countries here but you get the fuck over it. Would rather see that then a Mexican, Puerto Rican flag etc.

Really? You'd rather see a flag that represents a time of mass murder and pure hatred than a flag that represents another country? How racist of you.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
You won't see that flag in MA lol.
MamaDee83
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I do agree with this. I live in Massachusetts, and our neighbor's son has a giant "southern" flag that he flies around while he drives his Jeep... It's pretty offensive up here, because it doesn't mean the same thing that it means down in the southern states, as you said. Then again, some of his family is from Tennessee, so I'm not sure... They grew up here in Western Massachusetts, so I'm thinking he just doesn't understand that it's pretty offensive.

Quoting bluesky51201:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I remember reading that the American flag flew over numerous slave ships. Lots of those ships came from the north as well. So wouldn't the American flag also be considered offensive?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? You'd rather see a flag that represents a time of mass murder and pure hatred than a flag that represents another country? How racist of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

if you want to fly another countries flag then go back there. You're the racist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
it is a southern pride thing. it does not represent hate. do you like to see people wearing a cross? does it represent hate because the kkk has adopted it?
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluesky51201:

OP, There's one of your "it means something different now" peeps.

Hand that woman a noose to hang from her tree.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)