Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

everyone is pissy that I lost 50lbs and kept it off!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have always been heavy for my height. For my teen years, it was only 20lbs over. I played volleyball and was active, but never tried to diet. After kids I got up to 190 and was very stuck. Once I started counting calories and working out, it started falling off lol. I then started to get the nasty comments.

Everyone at first said I had an eating problem, to which I replied absolutely! I use to eat 3000 calories @ least! I went to a doctor and followed my calorie allowance which was hard at first, but after a few weeks my body understood. No one believed me though.

One I hit my goal weight a lot of people started talking about how my husband must be upset. She has a boys body now was the most common statement. Yes I went from a d to a b, but my husband is an ass guy and he loved my new booty lol.

I seriously wish people wouldn't tear down someone when they work hard to achieve their goals. My niece who was 222 now works out with me. She so far has lost 22lbs. I am happy that I didn't give up even after the crappy things people started to say, because if I did she wouldn't have the desire to better herself. Our goal is by the start of her junior year to be 180.

I know I made the title more dramatic then it needs to be. How else are you suppose to get people in here lol. If you are even in a situation where someone is losing weight though, don't tear them down. If you are trying to lose weight, don't listen and give up. We all deserve to be good to our bodies. Hugs to all my sexy mommies... no matter where you might be body shape wise, you are still amazing and have the power to become what you want to be!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Eh... Crappy people, crappy attitude... I'm proud of you nonetheless
gina6239
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! They are just jealous.

lalalamama
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Congratulations and kuddos for being an inspiration and mentor to your niece!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm glad you aren't letting those stupid people get you down!

I recently lost 50lbs too.. i was never really ever overweight until i had ds and dealt with ppd. my one gf is always giving me attitude about my weightloss and acting like it's not fair that i lost weight and she hasn't. um, do you think this just magically happened? it's been a year of hard work, ups and downs, a motivation. 

it sucks that some people are so miserable in their own lives that they can't be happy for others and are constantly trying to bring them down.

Congrats to you and a high five for helping your niece, that's awesome!

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM
They're jealous of your success. Congratulations :D
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Jealous? You just keep on with your awesome self! My dd got a little chunky during her awkward, puberty stage and I had a lady tell me I should really stay on top of her eating and get her cholesterol checked. Then when dd started slimming down,( partly just growth spurt adn partly maturing in her attitudes about healthy living) this same lady started warning me against eating disorders. You just can't win with some people.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Good job momma!
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM

That is so strange.  I can't imagine knocking someone for losing weight.  Are they jealous perhaps?  Congrats on the weight loss!  And same to your niece-good for you guys!!!

sunangel803
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I think that's awesome! It's hard to lose weight and keep it off. What kind of workout do you do with your niece?
zraunt
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Congrats to you. I'm working on it. Lost 15 so far.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN