Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He is trying to make me lose it before I can leave.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

l have a plan in motion to leave my husband

1. Get a Job
  2. Save and hide the money I earn (easy enough he suck at money I can cook the books)
  3. Get enough to get an apt and a car
  4. one Saturday when he is working rent uhaul (because believe it or not everything in the apt is mine or gifted to me) and leave

But I think he has started to figure out that I am planing to leave him. He has always been mentally mean but the stuff he has been doing, well I think he is trying to put me in the hospital.

like yesterday...

We only have one car and I had it yesterday to see my doctor. (I'm bipolar and I needed to get a refill on my pills) When he called me to come pick him he said something strange, now we have done this many time and there are only to places that I ever pick him up The Walmart 5 minutes away and the parking lot that I drop him off in. Well he told me to pick him up at the Chili's across from the Walmart. So I said "you want me to go to Chili's on Touhy, not Walmart" I said this 4 time just to make sure because Chili's is 20 minutes away in the opposite direction! But he kept saying yes. So I woke up my DD and got in the car. We leave and get a call from him "were are you?"  "I just left, are we staying for dinner? hello?" he has already hung up. Start driving and get halfway there anther call "were are you! were you even at home?" me trying to be calm "I am passing Croname Now" he has already hung up.

I get there and call him and his phone is off fine I go in thinking he is at a table. Nope so I ask the hostess she said she said a man like that eat and left already.... I go outside and call again, he answers and said he did leave and is looking for me at the Walmart (there is another Walmart across the street from the Chili's) I will be honest I screamed into the phone "I'm here" . He said he was coming back so I waited 15 minutes with a hungry child (I had no money on me) his phone is still off. So I called left a message saying l was going home. But I did not I went to the Walmart call again then at this point pulled into a parking lot and started crying.

If I leave without him I am strong (I think?) but at the same time I am trying to last the next few months without getting hit. (I also have a job interview today that I think is a shoe in)

he then called me and I asked "were are you" him "I'm at home because you never showed up" Me starting a breakdown "ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME!!" he hangs up and I start screaming and banging my head on the car window. (don't worry I called my mom and she calmed me down)

I get home (I have to feed my kid) and call when still outside and he NOW tells me he was outside the CHIPOTLE AT THE WALMART 5 MINUTES AWAY! (The Walmart 5 minutes away has a Chipotle outside it)

He said he made a "mistake" and his phone was "die" but I don't believe him. this was calculated to well, like the  the second phone call when I said I was at the street Croname he claims he heard I was at "Tonys" (a grocery store near us) He is trying to drive me nuts, I know it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunny2morrow
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

No, you're just a bipolar mess.

get it together woman!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Im trying, I take my meds. But he knows just what to do to take me down. I NEED to hold on just a little longer so I can make a life for my DD and me.

Quoting Sunny2morrow:

get it together woman!

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

No, YOU are in control of your emotions, not him.  Dont blame him when you play right into his games.  Calm yourself and stop letting him get to you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im trying, I take my meds. But he knows just what to do to take me down. I NEED to hold on just a little longer so I can make a life for my DD and me.

Quoting Sunny2morrow:

get it together woman!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

you are BOTH crazy!

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

bump

tiniowien
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM

While it a good plan 

do you really honestly think he won't let you go without hurting you? Even mental beatings hurt do emotional drains. You may need to rethink the plan because I you suspect he knows he will make you pay!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Yikes.

alleycat_2
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Chilis on touhy. You live in chicago?
babycakesaz
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think he is trying to mess with you. You said it yourself that he knows how to take you down. Dont play into his games. Stay calm. If he has record of you freaking out and not taking your meds he can and probably use it to take custody. Just stay calm, if its that bad is there anywhere you can go like your moms house or another family member/close friend just to relax? If he hits you, call the cops. Keep record of the things he does you will need that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)