Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh lost his job and they wont tell him why...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

i just need to vent...

my dh stated a new job a month ago. great pay and benefits. hours that work for our familly. everything seemed to be going well. he was doing so well they crossed trained him in different areas... they told him they were going to have him train new people because he was doing so well. then out of no where on monday dh was told they were seperating him from the company. the guy who made this choice was not in to talk to and so dh had leave with out a reason why. dh finally got ahold of the guy today (over the phone) and asked why this happened and what he did wrong. the guy claims he just isnt a good fit for the company. he said hes a great worker. good attitude perfect attendence and they have no problmes with him. "just not a good fit" we are at a loss. what the hell are we suppose to do...the guy also said he will give dh a good reference for furture jobs...

dh is really down and upset. i cant help but think there is a reason other than what they gave for not wanting to keep him. i cant think of any however. my dh has no criminal history. he has a college degree and good work history.

it just doesnt sit right with my gut. we will prbly never know the reason for their choice and it just sucks.

what makes this worse is moved from out of state for this job. we know nobody around here and now dh has to start looking for a job. plus its the holiday and no one is going to be in till monday next week. 

im soooo stressed.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
december911
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM

wow, it makes no sense at all. is it possible that he upset someone in the upper chain on accident? people hold grudges, so maybe a big deal was made, and they chose to let him go? idk so sorry to hear about it!

mizz_mindylou
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

oh wow thats pretty shitty..flying high and things are great and bam its all gone?! sorry you guys are going throught this and hopefully it will get better soon

JenD_77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Check with local job service and see if they know a way to get a reason as to why they let him go. If you live in a state like mine where it is a right to work type of thing they can fire you over anything, including finding you going to the bathroom to much or flirting with customers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I can't help but think he did something wrong somewhere along the line. I worked in HR so I fully understand training an employee is more costly than keeping one on... Sorry, but I think he messed up on something or offended the wrong person. 

Anouck
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Man, that sucks, I'm sorry... Unfortunately, if you're in an "at will" state, I don't think you will ever get a satisfactory answer out of them. They are not obligated to tell you anything more than they want to. It doesn't seem fair, but that's the way it is. Also, if you push too much, they might not give him a letter of recommendation, and that is actually more important at this point. So my advice would be to just forget about the why, and focus on getting him a new job ASAP. Good luck!

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Sounds like someone who has senority there was jealous of how well DH was doing and pulled some strings to get him cut. 

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Will he be able to get unemployment then?Im sorry this happened.Seems crappy that they tell him he is doing well and the next thing you know he is unemployed.Something isnt right with this at all.Was this during his probation period?Some places do this to see if an employee will work out or not.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM

im sorry

Liz132
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Throw around the words wrongful termination and see what happens.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM
If you live in an at will state they don't need to go into an explanation. Not being a good fit is the reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)