Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let your dd go/stay?edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

my dd is 17 (just turned 17) and her friends wanted to go camp at the beach tonight until tomorrow after the show on the pier. i agreed to let her go,only after she told me who all was going,and she told me everyone that was going. which was just her and 3 of her friends from school,well her friends came to get her this morning and she called me when she got there. well her friends just tagged her in picture and the guy she likes is there with 3 of his friends....im contemplating going to get her because she lied to me for one,and for 2 i really doubt any of them have protection with them if sex does happen.......on the other hand dd is responsible BUT she likes this guy....idk what i should do....what would you ladies do?

edit: i texted her asking her about it (like some of you suggested) and she called me back telling me "no i honestly didnt know they were going to be here,they have a site 4 spots down and noticed us and came over....i feel uncomfortable but i want to stay to play with fireworks with the rangers,i'll ask you to come get me if i dont like whats going on ok?" i said ok and we hung up. now im kind of nervous because when she feel uncomfortable its usually because someone is getting a little to close

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I would tell her to get her ass home asap. She should have been honest.
cupcake_mom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Let her do her own thing. When she gets home call her out. Just because the guys are there now doesn't mean they will be staying the night there
averagemama0609
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Maybe she didn't know the guys would be there?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

her friends drove her i doubt any of them would willingly drive her back

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:37 PM

She would be going to embarrass her for lying. I could have cared less that she was with a guy and his friends. I had a lot of guy friends (still do)

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

then I would be making a surprise visit to pick her up myself...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

her friends drove her i doubt any of them would willingly drive her back

tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Talk to her. There could be more to the story. The boys may not be staying for the night. Maybe they're just there for the show. Has she lied to you before? Do you trust her?
EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM

She may not have even known he was going to be there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Quoting tntmomof2:

Talk to her. There could be more to the story. The boys may not be staying for the night. Maybe they're just there for the show. Has she lied to you before? Do you trust her?

the day before the show starts they are there? doubt they arent staying the night

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I'd go get her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)