Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crazy things the in-laws say

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
"I just want to see my grandson!" Said my mother in law to my husband, even though she lives close by and sees him all the time. Never mind the fact that my family lives far away and can only see my baby every few months.

"We'll just have to dye his hair" Again said by mil about my baby when his hair started turning from brown to blonde. I have blonde hair and all of my husband's family has dark hair. Don't think she likes that my baby looks more like me than my husband.

And back before my husband and I were married, when she was trying to convince us to have a catholic ceremony (husband's family is catholic, I'm not) she said " You can have a full mass, when the priest gives you the Eucharist you can just take it and pretend to eat it., no one will know."

So what crazy things have your in-laws said to you?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Oh my!! That's crazy op!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Lol oh my about the catholic ceremony that would be wrong
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

eucharist?

Ellie-p
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I know right! Like I want to go and piss off God on my wedding day, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

BKozICan
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Wow. She makes mine seem like a peach.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM

"Can the baby have some candy?"

The baby was 4 months old.

gcecelie
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM

oh yeah.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Lol god wouldn't be mad. But its blatantly disrespectful to you. I mean its a little rude you have just as much a day as your dh. And he chose to respect you and I guess not do the catholic route lol not much of a loss 5 hour ceremony with standing and sitting and kneeling and standing and on and on lol

Quoting Ellie-p:

I know right! Like I want to go and piss off God on my wedding day, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

FlyingHottie
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM

My uncle said he could baptize my DH in the bathtub so the pastor would marry us. We had a JP do the wedding. 

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

LOL, jeeze...just take what she has to say with a grain of salt... in-laws can drive us crazy, but so can our parents too...lol... we're 1100 miles from both my parents and in-laws, we moved out of state a year ago...my inlaws are actually on a plane coming to visit us now....my parents are seriously considering moving to where we are because i'm an only child and i have their only 3 grandchildren and they will proably be here in 3 months...they miss us too much...and i do feel it's better to have some family around--- we don't have ANYONE here and our kids already have a lot of first cousins too.   it's been great being so far away because we don't have to deal with comments like that anymore...but even my inlaws are going to look at houses while they are here this week because they want to move here too...and my husband has 3 siblings, but my FIL really likes where we are and wants to retire somewhere in our state.  just live your life, be happy, don't worry about what any family members tell you...sometimes people can be so ridiculous...it's your child...and in the end, your decision!!! :)  hope you have a good 4th of july

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)