Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Forgot the kid was back there, but remembered the phone! It's only 100 degrees so it's OK!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 63 Replies
4 moms liked this

I just heard some "great" advice on the news. (dripping with sarcasm there!) If you put your cell phone, purse or other material item in the back with your child, You might not forget they are back there!

And here i am doing this sh** all wrong. I REMEMBER they are back there, simply because they are my flesh and blood! Who knew after 10 years of parenting, GO FIGURE!

I'm sorry, but if you forget your child is in the backseat then you don't need kids! There is no excuse for it!

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I totally agree wth you-even when we changed up how we did babysitting and drop off neither of us ever fogot our kid in the back.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Since so many people are obsessed with technology and social media I can honestly say that is good advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fkh8ah
by Felicia on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM

It's sick. When did technology become more important than a childs life?

Edit: I know that's not what you're saying. But it's sad when so many parents let it take over their lifes.

Quoting Bertha21:

Since so many people are obsessed with technology and social media I can honestly say that is good advice.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I agree. It's ridiculous that someone could ever forget a child. No excuse for it. Disgusting.
Lyzz3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I have never once forgotten any of my children anywhere. I have been driving and look back to check on them and remember that they're home with my husband, lol. With such busy lives, I can see how someone could forget, especially if the routine changes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Well we live in a world with morons and most everything you buy these days has a warning label. So I'm sure some idiot left their kid in the car so they had to come up with this preventive measure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this

I usually forget that my child is NOT back there and go to get them out when I don't have them. I don't understand how you can forget your child in the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Agreed
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I can see how it could be helpful, especially for new moms with infants. Being exhausted and just worn down, putting your purse or phone back there could help insure that you don't leave baby in the car.

I remember when I was pregnant with my second and getting over being really ill, I nearly forgot my oldest in the car. Had started to walk away, got 1/2 way between my car and the store, when I realized I was seriously missing someone. Ran my as back to the car crying and for my son out. It was just a bad day, lots of stress and people constantly calling me, I just lost my mind for minute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Humanity fail!

If you can't remember your own kid in the car unless your phone is in the back is completely ridiculous...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)