Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My grocery shopping confession

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this

I don't darken the doorway of any grocery store on the 3rd of the month or the 25th of the month because of the old people's social security and retirement deposits going in on those days (the bulk of them anyway). What would be a 20 minute trip into the store turns into an hour. It's just crazy. And since they're old, they move really slow and they look at me like I'm on crack because I'm in a hurry. So, I quit going on those days of the month. Yeah, I know, I'm weird. But I thought about it because I wanted to make BBQ meatballs for dinner today which I needed to pick up from the store during my lunch.....But then I remembered what day it is. Alas, the meatballs will have to wait until tomorrow.

That's my random, weird confession for today. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM
You're not alone. I avoid stores on certain days as well.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Ours is the first and I try to avoid the stores like a plague. Every once and a while I forget and kick myself all the way home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
That is why I try my best to grocery shop in the morning
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

no,youre not the only one.i go to walmart and the aisles are small anyway,then i get stuck behind a 325 year old woman moving slower than a turtle..

bluemountain75
by SoftballMom on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmmm. . .you're going to hate being old.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I WISH I could avoid the store on those days, but alas, I work there

Ilovepink1227
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Boston Market, old people's hang out
L202M
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I don't like to watch old reruns of Jaques & Julia because watching old people eat turns my stomach...especially Julia Child.  She seems to mush it around in her mouth for way too long and then will start taking while it's still in there mushing.  I seriously have to change channels.

And old people annoy me when they are not paying attention while they are driving and do really dangerous things.  (I'll probably be one of them when I get old :)  )

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I do to! Lol and I'll go late at night. My area also does senior citizen day on the first Wednesday of the month the stores are insane
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I also dislike my walmart on sundays because around 12 or so all the church people come in and stand around clogging the aisles talking to the people they saw 20 minutes ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)