Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I NEVER order pizza. I always make my own pizza - it's way cheaper. Well, I got my ads in the mail yesterday, and included was a 1/2 page of adds for Papa John's. One of the adds said that you could buy 2 large 2 topping pizzas for 7.99. Not 7.99 each, but 7.99. Nowhere on the coupon did it say each! There were other coupons that said you could by XXX or XXX for 11.00, or the 2 topping 2 medium pizzas for 5.99 each. This coupon didn't say each, or, etc. It was worded the same way as the breadsticks and 2 liter for $5 deal. So I called and ordered my pizza - large pizza with extra sauce, tomatoes and onions, and another large pizza with extra sauce, onions and pineapple. The lady said it would be ready in 15 minutes. I show up, the cashier tells me it's $24 and some change. I'm like, "whaaaaa?" I show her the coupon. She explains it's a misprint. She's very nice. Told me she can drop it down to $14 and give me free breadsticks. She apologized again and again. I'm a little bummed, because I was expecting to pay a little under $10 or so, but I understand. The lady then drops it to $10 and still gives me the free breadsticks because of the confusion. I told her I would pay the $14 anyway, so she threw in some extra sauce and a drink. Good deal! I pay and sit down to wait on the breadsticks. There was another lady sitting there, and she informs me I'm stealing from Papa John's, and I should pay the $24 without wanting free anything. Ummm... Ok. Why should I? I could've been rude and just walked out, leaving them with 2 pizzas they would have to trash. Instead, I was nice (although the cashier could I was bummed) and understanding. I think the cashier felt bad over not being able to give me the pizzas for 7.99, so she did what she could. I thought the cashier was super nice, but apparently I just stole pizza, breadsticks, extra sauce, and a drink from Papa John's. How silly.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
lalaboosh
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM
It's weird to me that they didn't honor the coupon as printed. When I worked at Party City if a customer found something in the wrong place for a lower price we honored the price they intended to pay, and this happened to me as a customer at Micheals. I found a bunch of those battery powered LED strings on a peg marked $1.99 and thought it was too good to be true. It turned out it was! They marked it down even though I said it wasn't a big deal and I could put it back.

That girl failed at customer service.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I'm surprised, too. I know they were super busy, though. I waited on hold for at least 5 minutes before even ordering.

Quoting PinkHart:

Even on misprints they are supposed to honor the ad. Im surprised they didn't tell you the total when you called. Every time I've called Papa Johns they do.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I figure I got a better deal anyway. I'm sure breadsticks alone are at least $4-5. Drinks are a couple dollars. The sauces are .50 each, and I got 4 extras for free. She basically gave me the 2 pizzas for $7.99 and I bought the extras.

Quoting lalalamama:

If anyone did wrong it's Papa John's for misleading advertising. You can't do the "old bait and switch". Illegal business practice.

You on the other hand did absolutely nothing wrong.
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Thats not stealing thats them giving you good customer service.

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I think it would've been easier to just honor the coupon, but all the extra stuff added up to more than the extra $5 that I spent over the 7.99. She basically gave me the 2 pizzas for 7.99 and I bought the extras.

Quoting lalaboosh:

It's weird to me that they didn't honor the coupon as printed. When I worked at Party City if a customer found something in the wrong place for a lower price we honored the price they intended to pay, and this happened to me as a customer at Micheals. I found a bunch of those battery powered LED strings on a peg marked $1.99 and thought it was too good to be true. It turned out it was! They marked it down even though I said it wasn't a big deal and I could put it back.

That girl failed at customer service.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Right! She's mad she probably paid $30 or so for what I got lol

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Psh she's just jealous she didn't think to question the coupon
xtina8817
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
No. You were fine. Their cost is so low, they would take a hit but not much. Honestly its not your fault for their misprint and the cashier was smart. She just upped her business because you're going to go around saying "this happened BUT..Look what this cashier did for me when she didn't have to" instead of telling you you were screwed and you walking out pissed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I love papa johns. as I was reading this their commercial came on. Irony! What a bitch.
codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Misprints happen and it isn't the store's fault. Be grateful they were willing to give you that price. At the same time you had to know you weren't getting 2 pizzas for that price. I mean really?!
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I love having good customer service. It will seriously make or break a restaurant for me. I'll either never return or use their restaurant as my go to stop.
I really want to call the manager or write something to corporate, but I don't want the cashier to get in trouble if she shouldn't have given away that stuff. I want to explain how great the customer service was. Maybe I'll just say that I had a great experience and the cashier was really helpful.

Quoting xtina8817:

No. You were fine. Their cost is so low, they would take a hit but not much. Honestly its not your fault for their misprint and the cashier was smart. She just upped her business because you're going to go around saying "this happened BUT..Look what this cashier did for me when she didn't have to" instead of telling you you were screwed and you walking out pissed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)