Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I NEVER order pizza. I always make my own pizza - it's way cheaper. Well, I got my ads in the mail yesterday, and included was a 1/2 page of adds for Papa John's. One of the adds said that you could buy 2 large 2 topping pizzas for 7.99. Not 7.99 each, but 7.99. Nowhere on the coupon did it say each! There were other coupons that said you could by XXX or XXX for 11.00, or the 2 topping 2 medium pizzas for 5.99 each. This coupon didn't say each, or, etc. It was worded the same way as the breadsticks and 2 liter for $5 deal. So I called and ordered my pizza - large pizza with extra sauce, tomatoes and onions, and another large pizza with extra sauce, onions and pineapple. The lady said it would be ready in 15 minutes. I show up, the cashier tells me it's $24 and some change. I'm like, "whaaaaa?" I show her the coupon. She explains it's a misprint. She's very nice. Told me she can drop it down to $14 and give me free breadsticks. She apologized again and again. I'm a little bummed, because I was expecting to pay a little under $10 or so, but I understand. The lady then drops it to $10 and still gives me the free breadsticks because of the confusion. I told her I would pay the $14 anyway, so she threw in some extra sauce and a drink. Good deal! I pay and sit down to wait on the breadsticks. There was another lady sitting there, and she informs me I'm stealing from Papa John's, and I should pay the $24 without wanting free anything. Ummm... Ok. Why should I? I could've been rude and just walked out, leaving them with 2 pizzas they would have to trash. Instead, I was nice (although the cashier could I was bummed) and understanding. I think the cashier felt bad over not being able to give me the pizzas for 7.99, so she did what she could. I thought the cashier was super nice, but apparently I just stole pizza, breadsticks, extra sauce, and a drink from Papa John's. How silly.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM

It's not. Although I have heard the phrase "stealing from the store" used by people to describe getting an extremely good deal on something. But, in the legal sense, it's not stealing.

codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Iy isn't PJ that screwed up. The printing company did and they probably lost their business.

Quoting lalalamama:

If anyone did wrong it's Papa John's for misleading advertising. You can't do the "old bait and switch". Illegal business practice.

You on the other hand did absolutely nothing wrong.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I know it wasn't the store's fault, which was why I didn't ditch the pizzas or demand anything extra. I didn't even ask for free stuff, the cashier offered it. If there's an add listing a price, I'm going to assume it's correct.

Quoting codfish:

Misprints happen and it isn't the store's fault. Be grateful they were willing to give you that price. At the same time you had to know you weren't getting 2 pizzas for that price. I mean really?!
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM
That lady sounds bitter because she didn't get a deal like that.
codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
So you really thought they were selling 2 for $7.99? Sorry, I don't believe that at all.

Quoting RissyLee:

I know it wasn't the store's fault, which was why I didn't ditch the pizzas or demand anything extra. I didn't even ask for free stuff, the cashier offered it. If there's an add listing a price, I'm going to assume it's correct.

Quoting codfish:

Misprints happen and it isn't the store's fault. Be grateful they were willing to give you that price. At the same time you had to know you weren't getting 2 pizzas for that price. I mean really?!
xtina8817
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting RissyLee:

something like "she went out of her way to make me happy and make me feel like a valued customer" :-) she'll love it
Osstie
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Yeah! The poor owner of papa johns is barely scraping by! Just look at this dump he lives in!
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

no it's not.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
This

Quoting TrouserMouse:

People need to know when to mind their own business.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Well, first of all, it's a special deal with the coupon. I wouldn't think they had that pricing all the time. Also, I said I never buy take out pizza. The handful of times that I have, I go to little ceasars, where they have pizzas for $5. Based on that experience, 2 pizzas for 7.99 isn't that crazy. I shop at Aldi's and search hard for great deals at other stores. When I see something printed that is a low price, I figure it's a great sale or special and jump on it. I've never gone to a store or restaurant and been told that their ad is wrong, and I've gotten some awesome deals.

Quoting codfish:

So you really thought they were selling 2 for $7.99? Sorry, I don't believe that at all.

Quoting RissyLee:

Quoting codfish:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)