Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I NEVER order pizza. I always make my own pizza - it's way cheaper. Well, I got my ads in the mail yesterday, and included was a 1/2 page of adds for Papa John's. One of the adds said that you could buy 2 large 2 topping pizzas for 7.99. Not 7.99 each, but 7.99. Nowhere on the coupon did it say each! There were other coupons that said you could by XXX or XXX for 11.00, or the 2 topping 2 medium pizzas for 5.99 each. This coupon didn't say each, or, etc. It was worded the same way as the breadsticks and 2 liter for $5 deal. So I called and ordered my pizza - large pizza with extra sauce, tomatoes and onions, and another large pizza with extra sauce, onions and pineapple. The lady said it would be ready in 15 minutes. I show up, the cashier tells me it's $24 and some change. I'm like, "whaaaaa?" I show her the coupon. She explains it's a misprint. She's very nice. Told me she can drop it down to $14 and give me free breadsticks. She apologized again and again. I'm a little bummed, because I was expecting to pay a little under $10 or so, but I understand. The lady then drops it to $10 and still gives me the free breadsticks because of the confusion. I told her I would pay the $14 anyway, so she threw in some extra sauce and a drink. Good deal! I pay and sit down to wait on the breadsticks. There was another lady sitting there, and she informs me I'm stealing from Papa John's, and I should pay the $24 without wanting free anything. Ummm... Ok. Why should I? I could've been rude and just walked out, leaving them with 2 pizzas they would have to trash. Instead, I was nice (although the cashier could I was bummed) and understanding. I think the cashier felt bad over not being able to give me the pizzas for 7.99, so she did what she could. I thought the cashier was super nice, but apparently I just stole pizza, breadsticks, extra sauce, and a drink from Papa John's. How silly.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

They are the ones that printed the damn coupon. She can get fucked

DyerMaker
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Not stealing. I did this once at a buffet place with a coupon.... It showed 4.99 buffets, and the expiration date had not passed yet. I get to the register to pay and the lady hands me back the coupon and says it is expired. I looked right at it, read the fine print in front of her because I read it myself before we ever came, and sure enough, it was valid. I looked at the rest of the coupons on that page and the dates were different than the coupon I used... THOSE were expired, but not mine. I looked at her point blank and told her it was not my fault that there was a misprint, and that it was false advertising. How was I to know before I drove my butt halfway across the city to go eat there? 

She ended up giving the discount to me, and honestly, they should have..... The ONLY exception I could see is if they had a sign posted saying that they were not accepting misprinted coupons. It wasn't like I was pushing the issue to be a jerk either, but seriously, I had a budget, and had she not honored the coupon, I would not have had enough to pay that day. The only reason why I went to eat there was because of the coupon. 

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! He could totally afford to honor the pricing of the ad for every customer!

Quoting Osstie:

Yeah! The poor owner of papa johns is barely scraping by! Just look at this dump he lives in!
billiejo79
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

That is not stealing. Their coupon was wrong and that is on them not you. Some people just need to mind their own bussiness.

tinakinakins
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Lol she needs to mind her own damn business.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
At least they honored it!
I wonder if Papa John's will put a sign up about the incorrect ad to avoid this happening again, or if they will just try to charge the 7.99 each to those that accept that and offer free items to those that want what the coupon says.

Quoting DyerMaker:

Not stealing. I did this once at a buffet place with a coupon.... It showed 4.99 buffets, and the expiration date had not passed yet. I get to the register to pay and the lady hands me back the coupon and says it is expired. I looked right at it, read the fine print in front of her because I read it myself before we ever came, and sure enough, it was valid. I looked at the rest of the coupons on that page and the dates were different than the coupon I used... THOSE were expired, but not mine. I looked at her point blank and told her it was not my fault that there was a misprint, and that it was false advertising. How was I to know before I drove my butt halfway across the city to go eat there? 

She ended up giving the discount to me, and honestly, they should have..... The ONLY exception I could see is if they had a sign posted saying that they were not accepting misprinted coupons. It wasn't like I was pushing the issue to be a jerk either, but seriously, I had a budget, and had she not honored the coupon, I would not have had enough to pay that day. The only reason why I went to eat there was because of the coupon. 

SWasson
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Frankly, you could have raised a stink about the coupon, so I think you were very nice about it.

codfish
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
So you just assume he owns them all? You do realize a huge portion of them are franchises right?

Quoting RissyLee:

Wow! He could totally afford to honor the pricing of the ad for every customer!

Quoting Osstie:

Yeah! The poor owner of papa johns is barely scraping by! Just look at this dump he lives in!
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

You got screwed, sorry, but misprint or not, they, by law, have to honor it! Just saying..

and that lady who said that, is a dumbass. 

Miss_Mandy80
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Exactly!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

People need to know when to mind their own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN