Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I NEVER order pizza. I always make my own pizza - it's way cheaper. Well, I got my ads in the mail yesterday, and included was a 1/2 page of adds for Papa John's. One of the adds said that you could buy 2 large 2 topping pizzas for 7.99. Not 7.99 each, but 7.99. Nowhere on the coupon did it say each! There were other coupons that said you could by XXX or XXX for 11.00, or the 2 topping 2 medium pizzas for 5.99 each. This coupon didn't say each, or, etc. It was worded the same way as the breadsticks and 2 liter for $5 deal. So I called and ordered my pizza - large pizza with extra sauce, tomatoes and onions, and another large pizza with extra sauce, onions and pineapple. The lady said it would be ready in 15 minutes. I show up, the cashier tells me it's $24 and some change. I'm like, "whaaaaa?" I show her the coupon. She explains it's a misprint. She's very nice. Told me she can drop it down to $14 and give me free breadsticks. She apologized again and again. I'm a little bummed, because I was expecting to pay a little under $10 or so, but I understand. The lady then drops it to $10 and still gives me the free breadsticks because of the confusion. I told her I would pay the $14 anyway, so she threw in some extra sauce and a drink. Good deal! I pay and sit down to wait on the breadsticks. There was another lady sitting there, and she informs me I'm stealing from Papa John's, and I should pay the $24 without wanting free anything. Ummm... Ok. Why should I? I could've been rude and just walked out, leaving them with 2 pizzas they would have to trash. Instead, I was nice (although the cashier could I was bummed) and understanding. I think the cashier felt bad over not being able to give me the pizzas for 7.99, so she did what she could. I thought the cashier was super nice, but apparently I just stole pizza, breadsticks, extra sauce, and a drink from Papa John's. How silly.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (61-65):
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I don't get why some people just don't mind their own business.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
You didn't steal anything. The pizza place should have charged you whatever the coupon was, especially if they want your business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I didn't know that! Maybe I should make an account

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have known it was 7.99 each just because I order from them quite often.  If you order online and created an account they will send you coupons to your e-mail all the time. I get 50% off my entire order, free pizzas, and you earn reward points that accumulate and give you free pizzas also.  I get free pizzas from them all the time. 

Also, like you I like to make my own pizzas.  I have a pizza stone and they turn out so yummy.  But when I order out I order from them online. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM

It's well worth it.

Quoting RissyLee:

I didn't know that! Maybe I should make an account

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have known it was 7.99 each just because I order from them quite often.  If you order online and created an account they will send you coupons to your e-mail all the time. I get 50% off my entire order, free pizzas, and you earn reward points that accumulate and give you free pizzas also.  I get free pizzas from them all the time. 

Also, like you I like to make my own pizzas.  I have a pizza stone and they turn out so yummy.  But when I order out I order from them online. 

alc4evermom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I am a server In a busy mainstream restaurant, and you were not stealing.  Its the companies fault for sending out misprints.  They also should have told you the total over the phone.  We get random audits and can get in trouble for not telling people the total.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)