Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's worse (weather related)

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 25 Replies
I grew up in the northeast, where summertime is mostly 80-90 degree weather (I think 95 was the highest I ever experienced), but humidity generally 75% or higher. When I visited Las Vegas a few years ago at the end of the summer, it was around 100 degrees every day, but obviously little to no humidity. From my experience, I think the humidity is worse, even though the temperature is lower. Granted I don't live in the southwest and experience temps of 110+ on a regular basis, but the humidity is just absolutely miserable, and honestly makes it hard to breath sometimes.

So what do you think is worse? Crazy high temps, but little to no humidity, or moderately high temps with tons of humidity?
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-_-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Snow. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I was born and grew up in NY. Lived a year in Arizona from 19-20 years old. Back in NY for 18 years now. The humidity is way worse. I'd take the 110+ heat and no humidity over the 90 degrees with 75+% humidity any day.
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Well of course, snow sucks ass lol. It's not so bad to look at when it first falls and its all clean and sparkly. But everything else about it sucks.

Quoting -_-:

Snow. :)
thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Humidity is worse!!!! I hate all the humidity here in the NE!! IT SUCKS! I am pretty sure that is technically what kills people too.

gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I'm from California and moved to the Midwest 5 years ago. Humidity is way worse than dry heat
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel. Plus, my hair hates the humidity even more than I do, lol.

Quoting tntmomof2:

I was born and grew up in NY. Lived a year in Arizona from 19-20 years old. Back in NY for 18 years now. The humidity is way worse. I'd take the 110+ heat and no humidity over the 90 degrees with 75+% humidity any day.
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I live in the northeast and the humidity sucks...

elliem87
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Humidity.

But I would rather be hot than those stupid blizzards or tornadoes
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
At least it's a dry heat

You know what else is a dry heat? An oven
Anonandon
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Humidity is worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured