Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He caused an effing crud storm and then left....a bit long

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 0 Replies

SIGH.  I am so going to have a heart to heart with him over this.  So, this is more of a vent. 

DH comes home to pick up parts for a job he is doing.  He finds out DS9 has been on the computer all day, when he has a 5 hour time limit.  I didn't realize how long DS had been on today because he is supposed to set a timer and he didn't.  So, DH tells him that DS is not allowed to take the laptop on our staycay this weekend.  We leave tomorrow and will be gone for four days to my sisters, 3 hours away.  DS gets upset and acts like a butt, throws his toy (not the laptop) out of his room.  He was expected to play games with his cousin this weekend, so it threw the whole thing off for him.  I am trying in the midst of all this, to make a sandwich for DH, since he isn't going to be here for dinner.  Then, DH has to get back to work.  While I get to deal with a now moody 9 year old.  I never agreed to the punishment, but now I get to deal with a child who is telling me that he doesn't want to even go on the trip anymore.  UGH!

This is not the first time DH has done this and it is really pissing me off to no end.  It's not that I agree or disagree with the punishment, but it was disrespectful for him to just lay it down without even discussing it with me first.  Then, to do it, knowing it would cause a crap storm, and knowing that he was leaving and wouldn't have to deal with any of it!  I want to strangle DH!  I have too much cleaning and packing to do, to deal with a moody 9 year old on top of it.

Bit of back-story:  DS9's father and I have not been together for years.  We had split visitation and custody for years, until DCF finally gave me custody when DS was 7.  The courts in FL are ridiculous and they pretty much insist on split custody, unless a parent is convicted of abuse against a child or has enough felony assault charges.  My hands were tied for over 7 years.  DCF had been called three times on his father before they finally gave me full custody.  DS has had issues before and we were doing really well with getting it all under control and DS dealing with his emotions, but every once in awhile, he will have these outbursts, and it's only like twice a year now.  He has been doing so well, even doing chores without complaint and other things when we would ask him.  However, he was really looking forward to this weekend and playing the games with his cousin, so he got really upset and yes, he over reacted.  I am not downplaying any of his part in today.  I have reinforced what is an appropriate reaction to anger and that he is the only who can control his reaction to his feelings.  I have told him that if he needs to calm down, then perhaps some time alone in his room would be a good idea.  Not as a punishment, but so that he can get himself under control and calm down.  That usually works for him.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN