Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting teens birth control

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 9 Replies
Do you think its appropriate to take someone elses teen to get on birth controll? this topic came up and I was wondering what other people thought.
What about your sons girlfriend?
Im mostly referring to hormonal bc, not condoms.
would the teens parents beliefs figure in somehow? Like if they were catholic?
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Bump
debwatson86
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I personally think it is crossing a line. I would be angry if it was my kid. If it is your son, I would stick with condoms until you talk to her parents.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Condoms? No problem. I would definitely provide that.

Hormonal birth control? That's a bit trickier. When I was a teen, I was not allowed to get on birth control... so when I was 17, my boyfriend and I went to the free clinic ourselves and got it. I would encourage my son's girlfriend (or a friend of my daughter's) to do the same. I'd give them directions to the local free clinic so that they could make the choice for themselves. I don't know, however, if I would drive her there myself... as I am unsure if that would be out of line.

One thing I would probably do though, is get her the book "Cycle Savvy", by Toni Weschler (the teen version of TCOYF).
marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I agree with you. it seems like theres a hundred ways that could backfire. mostly that its a big boundary with parents

Quoting debwatson86:

I personally think it is crossing a line. I would be angry if it was my kid. If it is your son, I would stick with condoms until you talk to her parents.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I would be pissed if someone took my child to get on bc,that's crossing the line.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Not appropriate to assist an underage teen that is not yours to get birth control. I may suggest places she could go but would not actively participate. 

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I would get it for my daughters but not my son's GF (If I had a son.) She is not my child so it isnt my place. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I think it's crossing a line to take someone elses kid to get birth control but I think you could just tell them where to go. In my city we have free health clinics & Planned Parenthood's that give out free birth control. That's where I went as a teen (behind my parents backs). I don't think it would hurt to tell a teen to go there & to tell them it's confidential.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

My daughters yes - any other girl hell no. Not my child. My son however will be reminded over and over until his head bursts about using protection or not having sex with anyone who refuses to let you use protection and never believing the word of a "just-as-horny-as-you" girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN