Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She should have kept her legs shut!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 54 Replies
4 moms liked this

Is it really as simple as that?

I am married and I can say right now that I do not want to get pregnant.  I am taking the precautions since I am on bc but I know that fails.  That doesn't mean that I don't have sex with my husband.  To deny him and myself sexual pleasure would degrade our relationship since sex adds to our intimacy as it does for many people.  It brings about a bond and closeness for one another.  Yet when someone talks about abortion the first thing people say is "She shouldn't be having sex then if she doesn't want a baby".  

I think what people fail to realize is that sex brings about so many advantages.

Here are 10 listed on WebMD

1. Less Stress, Better Blood Pressure

2. Sex Boosts Immunity

3. Sex Burns Calories

4. Sex Improves Heart Health

5. Better Self-Esteem

6. Deeper Intimacy

7. Sex May Turn Down Pain

8. More Ejaculations May Make Prostate Cancer Less Likely

9. Stronger Pelvic Floor Muscles

10. Better Sleep

So while I understand that many here feel sex should be kept within a marriage why is it that you feel if a woman doesn't want to be pregnant then she should become celibate?  I don't know about you but I have sex for more reasons than just procreation.  I mainly do it because it is fun.

Just click on the picture to come visit.  There is no need to apply since our Lounge is open to all CafeMom members.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

OK.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Hey make a list of the disadvantages...

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm with you. That phrase or its equivalents have become my biggest pet peeves. And I wonder how many women on this site say that and then are the same ones saying "if you don't give it up, someone else will." Sorry off topic kind of.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Okay? I think that if you don't want to have a kid you should either make sure both people are fixed; or be celibate. If you don't do either; don't complain when you get pregnant.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I think people who don't want a baby should only have butt sex. Everyone wins =D

ETA unless you're butt sex baby woman.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Well, I don't say that so this doesn't apply to me :) 

blues_pagan
3 moms liked this

I won't complain.  I will drive to the clinic and get an abortion.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Okay? I think that if you don't want to have a kid you should either make sure both people are fixed; or be celibate. If you don't do either; don't complain when you get pregnant.

blues_pagan

No I see where you are going with that one and it is true.  Women simply can't win.

Quoting mewebb82:

I'm with you. That phrase or its equivalents have become my biggest pet peeves. And I wonder how many women on this site say that and then are the same ones saying "if you don't give it up, someone else will." Sorry off topic kind of.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

That's why I got my tubes tied. All the sex, none of the worry. :D 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)