Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who get mad at 4th of July fireworks

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The past few days I've seen a few FB posts of moms bitching about fireworks going off and waking up and scaring their kids. What dumbasses! It's the week of the 4th...if you expect people to not to do fireworks because you have a little baby then you are a stupid sack of shit. I have a 3 month old...if he gets woken up from fireworks then that's just the way life works isn't it? Time to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you OR your precious little snowflake.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
5 moms liked this

When did women start birthing snowflakes? I would think they would have melted

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Fireworks are illegal here, but they don't bother with the exception of one time. When my DS was a newborn, less than two weeks old and it was some random day in the end of May (not 4th of July) somebody in our neighborhood was setting off fireworks at 3 am. DS was cluster feeding and had fed every ten minutes for about six hours and had JUST fallen asleep so I could get some rest. BANG!! BOOM!! Woke him up and I didn't get to sleep until 6 am.

If it had been the 4th, at a REASONABLE hour, I would not have cared because it would be expected.

P.S. If you think of your "friends" on facebook as "Dumbasses", they aren't your friends, delete them and do them a favor.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

They are illegal here. The city is supposed to be the only ones that set them off. Mostly because people are fucking stupid and don't know what they're doing. They set houses and woods on fire. Sorry but I don't trust the assholes that live around here with fire and explosives. 

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not care at all I lvoe that Michigan set them off  yeah :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I don't know about waking babies, but some of these sounds have just been INSANE.

And it started like 3 weeks ago!!  It's pissing ME off, and it's nothing to do with my precious snowflake...who is also not impressed with loud noises that don't include fire or works.

FrozenReesesCup
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
They have every single right to be pissed.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Completely disagree.  Only because anyone setting off fireworks at any time day or night in my neighborhood is illegal.  People openly breaking the law in/around where I live in that manner, would be reason for me to get a tad miffed.

ELFs_Mommy
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I will get mad because they are illegal in my county, in fact, pretty sure in the entire state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM
12 moms liked this
It's called the 4th of July for a reason. Not June, not July 1st not July 10th. People have kids, pets, and jobs shooting fireworks for your own benefit while disregarding your neighbors' lives is rude and inconsiderate!

BTW, I'm extremely patriotic. I served my country, my husband is active duty. Holidays/celebrations are holidays/celebrations for a reason. Everyday should not be an endless party, grow up.

ETC. If you want to show your patriotism throughout the year, go visit veterans at the nursing home, help repair memorials, help out in your community to make America great, don't be pyromaniacs.
RMC007
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Actually, it is illegal to set off fire works in my neighborhood, so if the fireworks are bothering me, I will call the police.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)