Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who get mad at 4th of July fireworks

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The past few days I've seen a few FB posts of moms bitching about fireworks going off and waking up and scaring their kids. What dumbasses! It's the week of the 4th...if you expect people to not to do fireworks because you have a little baby then you are a stupid sack of shit. I have a 3 month old...if he gets woken up from fireworks then that's just the way life works isn't it? Time to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you OR your precious little snowflake.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (541-550):
mimimom139
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Did someone call the cops on you or do you just naturally have anger issues?

cherokeegoddess
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM

calming biscuits??? where do u find those? it might help my dog. she freaks out over every little noise. i have tried the dryer sheet idea but it doesn't seem to help. my little boy dog freaks out over the fireworks and that's it.

Quoting cmommyrun:

well aren't you a ray of sunshine!!! In my area we are high fire risk so there aren't any allowed. Of course idiots shoot them anyways. I have seen them almost cause fires! Besides that have you thought of special needs kids? I have one of those and the 4th is NOT a fun night around this house. Also I have a little dog with anxiety. She will be getting a calming biscuit shortly. At least be respectful of others even though you dont care and HEY I am brave enough to post my name miss anonymous

msiever
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM

So it's legal to set off fireworks in back yards? Hmm..that's a tragedy waiting to happen. The complaints are about ILLEGAL firework activity. Enjoy being up all night with your 3 month old during the fireworks.

Mazou80
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Where i am from there is no such thing as 4th of july. But we do have many fireworks going off at Easter around midnight! Fun lasts for approximately 3 hours lets say 11pm till 2am max. Well i don't know..i understand it is fun but many people specially elder ones( i always remember how much my grandmother was afraid of them) or younger ones..and above all through the years many accidents have occurred some of them deadly...So i am skeptical about their usage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 123 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I don't really care. I have a 4 month old, but he didn't stop me from enjoying the festivities. I brought him outside to see what the sounds were. I took him in the house when the smoke came our way. He was happy.

I like to expose my children to noise when they're babies. I feel it builds tolerance. I started late with my 11 year old and only for the last couple of years has she been wanting to be around the noise. She's not autistic, but freaks out with really loud noises.
spotsmom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:40 AM

While I agree with absolutely everything you've said.....I'm getting so sick of the phrase "precious little snow flake." 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 124 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Seriously. People have a right to be pissed when idiots are setting fireworks off at midnight and later. If they want to set them off move to the country not in town. 

massconfusion14
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I don't have a problem with fireworks.. as long as they are before 10pm. My neighborhood has been STILL popping them starting around 10:30pm. Now, that's uncalled for!

cmommyrun
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM

GNC dog calming biscuits are at Petsmart. Its to reduce anxiety. It works really well. They are about $14 for a small package but its only 1 biscuit a day as needed. Ruby only needs them when camping,going to vet or things like fireworks :) They also had a lavendar spray type system that is supposed to help calm the dog. Idk if that one works though. It was at Petco as well if you are interested....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 125 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM
screw you. fireworks are for the 4th only. not the day before, not the day after.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN