Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help..i got party crashers and not enough food.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
Okay, i planned a small party of ten people. Really thats all i can afford. So i go food shoping. We pack up and come out to my mil. Well, dh nephew calls and tell mil he is coming and bring his new wife. No biggie..i could swing that. He then calls back an hour later saying he is bring four friends. I cant tell them to go home. We live in NC and they are coming in from KY, and they all already on the way.
Is it wrong that i said they need to pay for their own food?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Wrong? No. Extremely tacky? Yes. I can't imagine a financial position where you can't afford to make a few boxes of spaghetti or other low cost food as a filler to what you have already prepared.

PinkHart
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
11 moms liked this
You may not be able to imagine it but.it's a reality to many these days

Quoting JulyBabies:

Wrong? No. Extremely tacky? Yes. I can't imagine a financial position where you can't afford to make a few boxes of spaghetti or other low cost food as a filler to what you have already prepared.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
15 moms liked this

Quoting PinkHart:

Quoting JulyBabies:

If another $5 worth of food is going to break you, then you probably should not be having a party to begin with, that is MY opinion

mom4life5107
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get ham and bread an say when all the other food Iis gone here's your SANDWICHES.
hip2it
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
While I find it incredibly rude that this person would bring uninvited guests, and I understand people are financially strapped these days, I have to agree with this woman.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Quoting PinkHart:

Quoting JulyBabies:

If another $5 worth of food is going to break you, then you probably should not be having a party to begin with, that is MY opinion

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

nope not wrong.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

HECK NO. I think it would be extremely rude of them to not bring food. Just tell them bring your own meat and drinks.

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

MY cousins do this all the time.  I hate it !   You  could suggestthey bring a few items but you just make  cheap filler foods.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

spaghetti  buy like ground pork that's like the cheapest ground meat  , jar of spaghetti sauce 1$ and make a salad

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM

What are you serving?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)