Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IDGAF if I bother your autistic son with fireworks *added his age *she came back!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 413 Replies
23 moms liked this

I'm not a heartless bitch, I promise. I'm just soo fed up with my neighbors autistic son. 

They call the cops if our dogs bark after 9pm because at 9 snowflake goes to bed and he can't sleep with any noise at all.

They asked that we put up a privacy fence because large dogs scare him and he has a meltdown if he sees large dogs. 

Don't drive down the alley if he was in the backyard because it scares him when cars get too close and he will have a melt down and attempt to run into the car and might get hit. 

No fireworks allowed at MY house, at any time because the noise will scare snowflake.

My kids aren't allowed to talk to snowflake because social interaction will make snowflake have a melt down if hes alone.

My 2 year old was outside with daddy playing with fireworks. DS doesn't like loud fireworks and so all they were doing was snappers and smoke balls. Snowflake was outside and DH could tell it was bothering him...but he could have went inside and wouldn't have even noticed...he chose to stay outside. Then snowflakes mom comes over and bitchs that she asked that we not do fireworks here and the bright colors bother snowflake and hes had 3 meltdowns already.

at this point...its just fucking suck it up!

i shouldn't have to take my kids 8 blocks to a park to light off a noiseless, non-scary smoke ball. The smoke wasn't even going towards him.

I can see the loud ones bothering him...and we do the loud ones at the park but i'm done bowing to snowflakes little whines.

His mother is just being a bitch and i'm tired of putting up with it. 

I'm sure i will still be told i'm evil...but come on...this is over doing the autism card.

* I didn't realize until someone pointed it out that i hadn't mentioned his age. He is 9-10 years old so its not like this is a toddler who doesn't understand. At 9-10 he should know how to deal with this stuff.  Hes going to be a teenager in highschool....with loud music and fights going on. He needs to learn to handle stuff, on his own...SOON. I honestly don't think his autism is as big of problem as his mother is. If she would back off, he could be a semi normal child. But if a bug lands on him, she thinks hes going to have a melt down and freaks out for him, which in turn makes him freak out. 

Snowflake is NOT an insult to the kid. Its implying that his parents think he is a precious, delicate snowflake. Only towards the parents, NOT the child. I call him by his name when referring to him anywhere else but CM. 

His mom came back today, to remind me that today is the 4th of july and that snowflake is going to be home all day and that i can light off fireworks on the side of the house only, but not the front yard. I told her that like i've told her all week, we can and will light off fireworks in the front yard but i am planning on taking any and all loud ones to the park, out of respect for her son and that after the 4th of July...I am done bowing to her every request. She is VERY strict that nobody talks to her son. Guess what? We were outside and SF was outside and i told DS to say hi to him. Not only did he say hi, they started TALKING like friends. SF was even *laughing* and didn't even have a melt down. Mommy comes out and freaks that hes going to have a horrible night now because hes going to have meltdowns because he had too much social interaction.

Its almost like shes trying to force him to be anti-social. I can see her putting up bars in the windows so he can't get out. (Sarcasm) But wouldn't suprise me.

I'm done bowing to her every request. I agreed, and plan to stick with my word of not lighting off loud fireworks at home because I can see how thats reasonable. I would never ask my neighbors to not do it, but like I said before...I'm not heartless. I don't want to scare the living hell out of the kid. 

I'm glad I posted this cause otherwise i never would have confronted her about it. Just acted like I was listening. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

ok cool story bro

mom2_2542
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Hmmm.
Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Errrrrrrrr........

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

ok cool story bro

It would be cooler if i said i was going to light off all the loud scary ones late at night...but i'm not because i'm not a troll or being mean to the kid but you can't say that shes not over doing it.

lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Is his name really snowflake?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
What state do u live in? are their rules for fireworks ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
You're just trying to stir the pot. No way this happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Quoting lovemymichael:

Is his name really snowflake?

Lol no. She just thinks hes a precious little snowflake that the world should bow down too and worship 

MsCherry10
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmfao....hahahahahahahahahaha

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
49 moms liked this

Your neighbors are imposing on you. I wouldn't respond their "requests" anymore. You sound like you have tried your best to reasonably accommodate them. I am afraid you will never please them. 

"We read to know that we are not alone"-William Nicholson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)