Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so sad and frustrating *kinda long*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

So my mom and i have never gotten along very well, it got worse when I moved out at 19 I had absolutely no freedom so I moved in with family friends and got a job. Things got worse between us when a year later I told her I was getting married, my parents are "religious" but mostly only verbally so, they were upset that my Dh wasnt someone they picked out from their church for me. My mom in particular was nasty in her comments and all this carried over to my poor son.

Now I have been around young kids my entire life but when i had my ds even I was amazed...he was perfect. He has always been sooo sweet and extremely happy, except around my family he always got grumpy and serious. We live on dh's family property so our ds has aunts uncles and his paternal grandparents all within walking distance and he wont ever even have to get near the road, he sees his grandparents all the time and absolutely adores them. When he was younger we saw my parents a fair amount, but they would never come to our house or ask about ds in between visit or call and talk on the phone when I told them multiple times he loves to "talk" on the phone (he has grand ole conversations..in his own language lol).

Then all of the sudden about 2 months ago I put a pic of dh on fb and my mom, my sil and myself get into a convo inthe comments that had nothing to do with my dh so my sil comments andd said it was sad that no one mentioned my dh and how she loves him (talking about all three of us). My mom flips out and starts saying nasty things about my sil... in the picture!! I repeatedly asked to stop annd said if she had a problem to take care of it with private messages she refused so i told if she didnt stop being ugly on my fb then i would remove her from my friends list, she said ok and removed me from her fb and threatened to block me if i talked to her anymore. I saw her a week later at my grandfathers suprise birthday party abd she gave me a really cute overall outfit for ds (15 months at the time).

About a week later i emailed her pics of my ds, i dont even know why anymore it was obvious she didnt want to know my dh or ds anymore and has never even aknowledged sd, she emailed back and said thanks but i want pics of him in the new outfit i gave him. I emailed back and told her i would send her pics in the outfit but we had just come back from camping and i was behind on laundry and that was one of the outfits he had worn the past week. Two days later only hours after i put the now clean outfit away she emails and said still waiting on pics in my outfit... really?? I just put the thing away!!

I emailed her back and told her i was sorry it was bothering her so bad but i had just put the outfit away and would wear it again soon, but that her focus shouldnt be on what my ds, HER GRANDSON, is wearing or who gave it to him but on the beautiful boy in the pictures. She emailed back and told me not to even bother sending me pics and she didnt want to hear from me anymore. Now my son will start asking me questions about my "mommy and daddy" in a few years and i hate to think about any of that, i doubt things will be better. Plus my son will most likely miss out on getting to know his aunt and uncle ages 7,9 and 11....and they are awesome kids :-(

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
punkinsmom0106
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM
All I can tell you is that many, many children have much more dysfunctional families, and most turn out fine. Use the experience to teach your son what you can from it, then move on. My sons are 5 and 7, both have asked about my absentee father at least once, neither get caught up in the matter. I just tell them that he wasnt the kind of person that was ready to be a dad or grandad, and that it was better for our whole family that we not see or talk to him. They ask why, and I tell them that he makes really bad choices sometimes, and isn't very good at showing love. Kids don't need much info to be happy with an answer until they are older, at which time they are better equipped to understand adult matters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM

bump

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Big huge wall of text hurting my eyes.  Can't focus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Is that better? I posted it really late from my phone

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Big huge wall of text hurting my eyes.  Can't focus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN