Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the problem with online social situations....

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 69 Replies
3 moms liked this
Its so hard to figure out the feelings and intent behind words. For instance I was raised in a very dry humor/sarcastic kind of home. .....I've found that apparently I come across as a b!#@$. A little bit in person...a lot online.
So how to avoid this? Im a pretty nice person irl. I get worked up about things here and there but I try to be pretty empathetic. Is there some kind of smiley/font/whatever im missing out on ?? Lol
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM
8 moms liked this
I'm with you. I was raised in a sarcastic, everythings a joke kind of home. I get you. :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way.
:)
;)
:D
:P
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM
5 moms liked this

Huh.  I've never found you bitchy. 

But then I'm a generally a dry person too so maybe I'm not the best one to ask, lol.

I also think a good percentage of the women here are batshit crazy (it doesn't bother me, but if someone flies off the handle at you, sometimes it really is them, not you!), and you should never take an anon seriously, so. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Using lol and smiley faces helps the tone not sound serious but I get what you mean. So many things I type would be taken so much differently if I could say them
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel like I totally overdue the smileys and lol's! Looks like a dang teenager bah!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the same way.

;)

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM
6 moms liked this
Demand a sarcasm font for cm!! Lol, I'm the same way and it just kills the sarcasm if you have to put (sarcasm) behind whatever it is you said
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I noticed this tonight. I was being funny and about to laugh about how my stupid right breast is bigger than the other too in a post...but she totally went postal on me. I looked back and saw yeah maybe I looked like a witch lol and its happened before too

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Huh.  I've never found you bitchy. 

But then I'm a generally a dry person too so maybe I'm not the best one to ask, lol.

I also think a good percentage of the women here are batshit crazy (it doesn't bother me, but if someone flies off the handle at you, sometimes it really is them, not you!), and you should never take an anon seriously, so. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm an elementary school teacher. I took smilies 101, 102, and spent an entire semester overseas with a concentration in smiles.

Quoting svolkov:

I feel like I totally overdue the smileys and lol's! Looks like a dang teenager bah!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the same way.

;)

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That would rock

Quoting Cbreland07:

Demand a sarcasm font for cm!! Lol, I'm the same way and it just kills the sarcasm if you have to put (sarcasm) behind whatever it is you said

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN