Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a real confession

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:47 AM
  • 69 Replies
I allow my baby to sleep with a light blanket. He instantly grabs it and holds it up to his cheek. He cosleeps part time. When he is in his own bed, I guess the blanket makes him feel like he is with us? He won't sleep in his own bed without one.

I know they say nothing in the crib. I am just old school I guess.
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM

The horrors!!

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM
My brother slept with a blanket or mom's pajama tucked into his mouth to self soothe. I learned quickly to spray a shirt with mom's perfume so it smelled like her. He didn't like pacifiers or being held when he slept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Jesus, these women would have eatin' me alive if they saw what I wrapped/had in the cribs and bassinets with all 3 of my newborn winter babies!
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I know. I wonder what people would think looking back nearly 20 years ago when my son had a Lion King crib set that came with a pillowcase...Lol. I didn't let him use the pillow. He did use his bumper and comforter though.

Quoting Anonymous:

The horrors!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Mine does it too.

:)
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:54 AM
My kid had to have a pillow and her blanket. She chews on her blanket corners in her sleep.
Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:55 AM

our 3 month old DD gets a blanket too, she was in NICU for a little while after she was born because she was over a month early and her heart would speed up then slow way down really fast and she had some breathing issues, the nurses in there kept a blanket in her incubator with her and then in her normal crib when she got out of the incubator and now she has to have a thin blanket to sleep with. She puts it up against her face like ur DS does :) 

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:55 AM
How old?
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:56 AM
4 months.

Quoting KaylinC03:

How old?
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:58 AM
When my son was close to that age (5 months) he started sleeping with a light blanket too. He would cuddle up with it- it was really cute.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

4 months.

Quoting KaylinC03:

How old?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)