Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddlers and Tiaras

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

is child abuse...plain and simple...

if they were really interested in their kid's talents, they'd hire a talent agent, not parade them around like a piece of jewelry to show off....

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
How is it abuse? I don't like it at all, but I wonder why you have gone so far as to say its abuse.
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:51 AM
By the definition of child abuse I don't think you're correct. However, I don't agree with pageants for children nor do I like that show. But to say it's abuse isn't accurate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM

so slapping and screaming at your kid to perform isn't abuse?

Quoting KaylinC03:

By the definition of child abuse I don't think you're correct. However, I don't agree with pageants for children nor do I like that show. But to say it's abuse isn't accurate.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM

All that sugar they pump into those kids is Child abuse imo. It is horrible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

All that sugar they pump into those kids is Child abuse imo. It is horrible.

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I've never seen a parent slap their child on there. I was basing my response off the episodes I've seen in which that didnt occur.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KaylinC03:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:56 AM
They ALL do this? Did they leave marks? If yelling at your kid is abuse, I'd challenge you to find anyone who hasn't "abused" their child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KaylinC03:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:56 AM

You don't just hire a talent agent. You have to have some sort of talent to be signed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:57 AM

i was watching one last night from a couple years ago, and in the background, you can see other parents slapping their kids, yelling at them, etc....honey boo boo was in this one too, and HER mother yelled at her and slapped her too

Quoting KaylinC03:

I've never seen a parent slap their child on there. I was basing my response off the episodes I've seen in which that didnt occur.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KaylinC03:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:59 AM

i didn't say they all did it...and yes, yelling at your kid to perform, IS abuse...

Quoting Anonymous:

They ALL do this? Did they leave marks? If yelling at your kid is abuse, I'd challenge you to find anyone who hasn't "abused" their child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KaylinC03:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN