Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Take this poll damn it!!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 65 Replies

Poll

Question: So who was right?

Options:

SIL

DS

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 144

View Results

Let me set up the scenario for you and you tell me who was wrong.

We have a ton of family in right now. Yesterday there were 5 kids, 4 boys including my son and 1 girl. My son was outside talking to his favorite uncle who is in town from Florida, the other 4 kids were inside playing. One of the kids got ds's DSi game down from on top of the fireplace and left it laying in the floor along with about a million other games and toys. SIL came through and told them if they didn't pick their things up she would keep them. They didn't so when she came back through she picked up one game (ds's) and put it in her pocket. When ds went to look for it on the mantle the other kids told him she had it. (the other toys were still all over the floor) Ds asked SIL for it back and she told him he couldn't have it unless he made sure that everything stayed picked up all weekend. Ds and the uncle he was outside with thought that this was very unfair since he didn't even tell the other kids they could get it down and she didn't take anything away from the kids that were actually making the mess.

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM
7 moms liked this

um, if it's YOUR son, YOU should demand to SIL to give the game back.,...since when does a SIL get to call shots at someone else's house?

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM
6 moms liked this
I would punch her in the face.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Technically we were next door at my MIL's house. LOL He did get the game back because his uncle went and made her give it back but I was unaware that this had happened until after he got it back. 

Quoting Anonymous:

um, if it's YOUR son, YOU should demand to SIL to give the game back.,...since when does a SIL get to call shots at someone else's house?

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I would be annoyed if someone else was punishing my child without me knowing.
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM

It's your house, you need to tell her to give you back the dam game! She has no right to make rules in your house. And to tell your son he can only have it back if he keeps everything picked up all weekend, that's not fair to him.

She needs to give back the game now!!!!!!!!

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM

LOL I kind of felt like it after I found out what happened. She does this to him a lot. He let her daughter borrow one of his wii remotes last year and he asked her about it yesterday and she told him that because it had been at her house for so long that she was keeping it. That was SIL not her daughter. Honestly I love her to death but she annoys me sometimes with this shit. Anytime there are a bunch of kids together she seems to always choose ds to make an example of. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I would punch her in the face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
clearly ds....what sil did was just stupid.
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:11 AM

id  want the game back and put it away before it gets destroyed. I dont like my kids to take things to others peoples houses and leave it where osmeone else can destory it.. If it  cant fit in my purse my son cant take it. I would discuss with  sil that she needs to back off with your kid though.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM

We have always parented each other's children without issue until recently. I don't really mind her punishing him fairly but I thought this was just ridiculous. We did have one issue last 4th of July when she told another guest, and one I really don't like, that she was allowed to punish my son. I put my foot down on that one quickly. 

Quoting KaylinC03:

I would be annoyed if someone else was punishing my child without me knowing.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:15 AM

MIL's house, not mine but still. He even went and cleaned the entire pool area of the mess everyone else had let sit in an attempt to get it back. She told him she didn't care what he did she still wasn't giving it back. That's when his uncle stepped in and had some words with her. The uncle is the one that came to me about it after he had made her give the game back to ds. I'm kind of glad he handled it because we would have probably been rolling in the yard. LOL

Quoting embrigmom:

It's your house, you need to tell her to give you back the dam game! She has no right to make rules in your house. And to tell your son he can only have it back if he keeps everything picked up all weekend, that's not fair to him.

She needs to give back the game now!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)