Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How difficult is a 2 year age difference in kids?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 55 Replies
When I have this baby my kids will be 7 and 2. The baby and my youngest will be about 2 years and 1 month apart. Is it really difficult with that age difference? I have no experience with tiny age gaps my first two are 5 years apart
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Mine are 3yrs apart. We didn't have any issues.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Mine are 23 months apart...granted, that's all I know so I have no other reference points, but it was/is hard and easy at the same time...it's always more work when more than one is involved, but I don't contribute all of that to age difference...when my youngest was a baby it was rough, because they both needed attention, but isn't that all kids? Haha...now that they're 3 and 5, I just find myself refereeing all the time...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Mine are 13.5 months apart and I find it pretty easy.

SecularMomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM

My kids are two years 3 months apart. My daughter is 4, my son 2 now. They are each others best friends and worst enemies. They do everything together. But they also fight all the time over everything. I think my best bit of advice for you would be to emphasize the importance of sharing. My daughter just wasn't prepared for having a baby take all her stuff and she never did take to sharing well. It's the cause of most of their fighting.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
My kids are almost exactly 2 years apart.. I love it!!

It has been pretty easy.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Mine are 2.5 years apart. It really depends on the kid. I haven't had any issues with my 2.5 year old and the baby. My sister is 22 months older than my brother though and she was awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Chris030406:

Mine are 3yrs apart. We didn't have any issues.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My kids have about the same age gap yours do. My oldest is 8 (she'll be 9 in November), my middle is 4yrs, and my youngest is 2yrs. I don't think it's difficult at all. They all play together pretty well and my oldest acts like a little mom to my youngest sometimes. The hardest part is having to interact with the same amount of energy with the older two on no sleep as I did with lots of sleep before the baby was born. They just didn't get that colic means Mommy doesn't want to run around at the park, lol.

livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Mine are 15 months apart. It was hard but good as they play together well. And similar development level. GL
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM
My 2nd and 3rd are 14 months apart and my 3rd and 4th are 26 months apart. I think the closer in age the easier it is. You'll get into the swing of things when the next baby comes. Soon that baby and your 2 year old will be on the same schedule etc, that is when it's cake.

Congrats!! I'm having major baby fever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)