Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband's taking $40 to his leach best friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I'm so annoyed by my husband's best friend.  For the sake of clarity, I'm going to use initials.  My husband is A and he is B.

A and B met at my husband's job about 2 years ago.  They apparently had a lot in common and became good friends fairly quick.  After about 6 months of working together, B got fired for running his mouth and then just not showing up for work.  They still hung out, but a little less.  During this time, B started talking to some chick out of state from a Facebook group, who lied about her age.  We'll call her C.  B moved C down a few months later.  C arrived without any money or even a drivers' license.  She got a job at Kroger.  They found out a month later that she was pregnant (it's questionable if C was pregnant prior to moving - the baby looks nothing like B) and she quit her job after she was like 3 months.  Well, B was working and doing whatever to take care of her.  Meanwhile, I try to be nice to her and she not only completely blows me off, but sits in my house and is rude to me.  I basically tell A that I'm not going to engage her and I'd rather her not be around me.

Fast forward 6 months later, and it's my wedding day.  B is to be the best man in our wedding.  He has quit his job, C has still not gotten a job or saved any money, and they've been staying with family.  C goes back home the week of our wedding to where her family lives.  B is supposed to stay with us for a few days before he meets her out there.  Well, the day after our wedding, B drops a bomb on us and says that he's not moving, and that C hates her family and the living situation and they can't do it.  B ends up staying with us for 2 months.  During the first 6 weeks, B does not work and is around the house constantly.  I am on night shift at the time and feel like I have no privacy, and that I'm alone with B all day when A works.  It starts getting very awkward.  Finally, it starts affecting our marriage.  I tell A that he needs to have B get a gameplan.  B starts at a temp agency and tries to get some stuff together.  Then he mentions that C and their baby are planning to come back and starts dropping hints about having to get them a place at a shelter because they literally have no support.  I get extremely nervous that I'm suddenly going to find a bitch I don't like and a newborn living in my house.  So I tell A that B has got to go, and that he has to find other arrangements for this because it's gone on too long, and it was not really agreed upon in the first place.

Anyway, long story short, we had a huge falling out, he defriended me from Facebook.  This was a huge change because despite B being A's friend, me and B were also close.  Every now and then, A would give B a loan for one thing or another.  It got on my nerves, but I felt guilty because I had kicked him out and he did have a kid.  I don't know how or why, but B finally got set up in a house in a county about 30 min away with C and the baby.  B was working and doing just fine.  C continues to not work.  Apparently, B ran his mouth at work, demanded something of his boss, and got fired from his job.  I think B has been out of work for a few weeks at this point, but again, I don't ever talk to him so no real idea.  This is the third time I've heard of him getting fired or quitting in the short span I've known him, and when he NEEDS the job.

So today, my husband is driving 30 miles out of his way (about an hour round trip) to another county to give them $40 for their electric bill.  I have to work tonight and it's going to cut into our couple time before I go in.  I'm really annoyed.  I haven't told him that he can't do it, and I'm not going to start a fight with him about it, but I'm so annoyed.  And honestly, I'm more annoyed at B for getting himself in this horrible situation, making so many mistakes, and thinking that we're his personal loan and finance.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

bump

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

tell hubby to stop bailing him out.why should b try when he knows hubby will help?

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

That's what I have told him.  I said this time around that I'm worried that $40 will turn into $100, etc etc.  I think that B and C really need to evaluate their life and make better choices.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

tell hubby to stop bailing him out.why should b try when he knows hubby will help?

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband & I have had friends like that in the past but eventually we talk to each other & decide how to distance ourselves jointly. In the end, it's us against the world & it creates too much stress to keep friends like that in our lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Why does your husband enable him?? Maybe you need to have a talk to him about your family finances and that you and your family come first.  Time with you and the family is more important than lending his loser friend money. Does he pay you guys back?

petitekatie
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I think you need to speak calmly and rationally to your hubby about this. Maybe he will listen. Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN