Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Western Union...you suck!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

I went to the grocery store to send my sister some money, through Western Union. You used to fill out a simple form, hand it to the cashier, who would then input your info, take your money, and hand you the confirmation #. Easy-peasy!

NOW...you get an 800 number from the cashier. You call a Western Union "agent" in another location, who takes your info, puts it into the computer, and then gives you a confirmation # to give to the cashier. The cashier then inputs that #, takes and processes your money, and gives you your confirmation receipt. Sounds easy enough, right?

Well, it WOULD be...if they didn't send your call to some foreign country, where English is their second language! I spent literally 25 minutes on the phone with this operator, spelling out my name and city, my sister's name and city, dollar amounts. EVERYTHING. It used to take me 5 minutes to fill out the form. How is a 25 minute phone call, with someone who can't hear or understand what I'm saying or spell our names any flippin easier!?!?!?! 

OK...I feel better now :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Bump

allornone
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Hope it gets smoother. I would set an account up to just transfer money to her if I did it often.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I don't trust banks and she doesn't trust herself with an account. So we do Western Union. I was going to try Money Gram, but there isn't a location within walking distance to where she lives. 

Quoting allornone:

Hope it gets smoother. I would set an account up to just transfer money to her if I did it often.

hypnautica
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I've sent my brother money several times recently and never had to call anyone. That's really odd you had to call someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

The guy said they literally just changed it a few days before I went in. Might be because I was using an agent location and not an actual western union store too? But still....sucks LOL

Quoting hypnautica:

I've sent my brother money several times recently and never had to call anyone. That's really odd you had to call someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM
You can do it all online
hunnybunny2001
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I do it online so much easier
hypnautica
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM
That does suck a big one lol I always use the ones inside of grocery stores so I guess I have that to look forward to next time I need to send money :(

Quoting Anonymous:

The guy said they literally just changed it a few days before I went in. Might be because I was using an agent location and not an actual western union store too? But still....sucks LOL

Quoting hypnautica:

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM
You don't trust banks but you trust WU?

I hate that DH can't send me money through WU. We have to do bank transfer and it takes too long.
momof2girls220
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

ive never had to make a call after sending money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)